Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bootloader rejected

Would you guys (Ross and Paul) mind putting an information blurb about pulling fuses and turning off all electronic devices when the bootloader rejected message comes up. The amount of calls I get from '05 LLY owners with this problem is significant (like half of my LLY sales).

It would be much appreciated.

Nick

1/2 would make sense, being as they were either 2004.5 or 2005.

Seems to be vehicle specific, never happens on the bench.

Perhaps something can be changed in the boot loader to keep the other modules from interfering.
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

There are constant bus silence commands sent during a read and flash operation already. The issue is that these problem devices are not compliant with the protocol specification and wake up, interrupting the transfer (causing a bus reset basically).

I'll try and get accurate details together and create a knowledgebase article on the new support system (http://support.efilive.com/kb.php).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Ok I have had this happen to me several times and what I did to fix it is really simple. What was happening was everytime I bought new credits for a car that was coming in to tune I would do the read entire like normal and save after. I would then go in and make changes to the tune and then go back and hit flash and wait until it would say you are about to lock the license to the car. I would hit ok and it would always seem to go to booloader rejected. What I did to fix it was to read, then close efi completely. Open efi back up and make changes and save then close efi completely again. Then I would go back in and try and license the car and once it was done it never did another bootloader rejected. It seems that closing it in between each step fixed the problem. Don't know why though. It's happend to me at least 5-6 times on different cars. This worked on all of them.
    03 z06 auto
    ver7.5.5 custom OS5
    415 ci
    239/255 .624 lift LSr grind
    16psi
    Meth injection
    PLX WB02

Andrew,

I understand the silence commands and aftermarket devices. Just to be clear, this problem occurs on stock trucks without any aftermarket devices.

One more piece to the puzzle. In some cases a read can be performed without pulling fuses, but a write can not. In other cases neither a read or write can be performed without pulling fuses.
    www.socaldiesel.com

Try what I said those are the exact symptoms of what I had happening.
    03 z06 auto
    ver7.5.5 custom OS5
    415 ci
    239/255 .624 lift LSr grind
    16psi
    Meth injection
    PLX WB02

Quote Originally Posted by exploder View Post
    Try what I said those are the exact symptoms of what I had happening.
    Exploder,

Thanks for your suggestion. While it is true that the licensing procedure will mess with the communications link and resetting the V2 and software via disconnect and shutdown solve that particular problem. This is an entirely different issue, that is vehicle specific to 2005 LLY Duramax. The issue we are describing occurs during the inital read and/or write regardless whether or not the above described reset is performed after licensing.

Guy
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The black box read/flash procedures (i.e. standalone reading/flashing) built into FlashScan V2 were developed 100% independently of the V7 pass through reading/flashing. Those BBR/BBF procedures have been designed to avoid the faults and idiosyncrasies we learned about with the V7 procedures.

Has anyone had similar problems with "boot loader rejected" issues when using the latest FlashScan V2 firmware with standalone reading/flashing?

If standalone works and pass-through fails then its fairly safe to assume there really is something wrong with the pass-through method.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Part of the problem for us is lack of access to Duramax vehicles.
    Back when we where close to releasing LLY we were lucky enough to get hold of an LLY in New Zealand, Paul spent some time on the vehicle ensuring that the silence commands worked on all modules.
    But it would appear it doesn't apply to ALL LLY's, which is most annoying.
    I know that GM TIS insists the radio fuse be pulled on the LLY too, even on a stock truck.
    I'm going to have a quick look at the TIS reflash procedure for the LLY again today and make sure we got the silence commands right.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Andrew,

I understand the silence commands and aftermarket devices. Just to be clear, this problem occurs on stock trucks without any aftermarket devices.

One more piece to the puzzle. In some cases a read can be performed without pulling fuses, but a write can not. In other cases neither a read or write can be performed without pulling fuses.

Yes i have had this problem on lt to sle package trucks as well Mr. Tripp

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Part of the problem for us is lack of access to Duramax vehicles.
    Back when we where close to releasing LLY we were lucky enough to get hold of an LLY in New Zealand, Paul spent some time on the vehicle ensuring that the silence commands worked on all modules.
    But it would appear it doesn't apply to ALL LLY's, which is most annoying.
    I know that GM TIS insists the radio fuse be pulled on the LLY too, even on a stock truck.
    I'm going to have a quick look at the TIS reflash procedure for the LLY again today and make sure we got the silence commands right.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thank you much,

-Ben Hardy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast