Thread: error $0025 hapi won't start

Default error $0025 hapi won't start

Hello All,

I'm really new to EFIL and V2. I thought I would take on a new understanding tonight and setup the V2 for BBL. I started 8.1.xx and created a simple pid list then saved it. When I tried to "program" the V2 I get an error $002E hapi could not be started. Than I get an error $0024 hapi is not running. Then a $0025 can't get a semaphore.

I have removed and re-installed the 8.1.2b84. I searched and found NOTHING. I'm starting to go a bit crazy trying to learn all of this. I can not comprehend being young and inexperienced about many things and being able to get up to speed. Maybe I have forgotten what it is to have a good brain.

Does the pid list have to be called options.txt? I saved mine as testdash.txt. My understanding would dictate that a person creates numerous lists(for different purposes) then picks the one that best suits the requirements. Probably FUBAR'd that one too.

Is there a manual for the V2 anywhere? I have studied this system a great deal and find it to be something akin to a box of parts that will assemble into something. I have worked with engines and EFI for years... thank God! I think I know what the parts build .

EDIT: Got it to work. Is it normal to have to start EFIL explorer in order to program the V2? I had a sneeking suspicion that hapi was that toolbar program that explorer started. I was unable to start hapi by double clicking it.

I would still appreciate answers to my poorly asked questions

Having the problem again. This time I can't get it to work this time.

TIA for any help,
    S
    Last edited by acomp917; February 5th, 2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: got it to work

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acomp917 View Post
    When I tried to "program" the V2 I get an error $002E hapi could not be started. Than I get an error $0024 hapi is not running. Then a $0025 can't get a semaphore.
    That is indicative of an installation that did not install correctly. For the V8 software to operate correctly, the following executables must be in the same folder:
    EFILive_Hapi.exe (i.e. The EFILive control Panel that shows up as an icon in the system tray at the end of the Windows task bar.)
    EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe
    EFILive_Explorer.exe

Whenever the EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe or EFILive_Explorer.exe applications require communications with EFILive (or AutoCal), they will attempt to start the EFILive_Hapi.exe software (if it is not already running). Whenever the last of those applications is closed, EFIlive_Hapi.exe will close too. The errors you are seeing indicate that the applications cannot find or start the EFILive_Hapi.exe software. The semaphore error (possibly) indicates that the EFILive_Hapi.exe software was not closed down properly.

The latest release of the EFIlive V8 software allows you to start the EFILive_Hapi.exe software independently. Make sure you are using this version here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12834

Does the pid list have to be called options.txt? I saved mine as testdash.txt. My understanding would dictate that a person creates numerous lists(for different purposes) then picks the one that best suits the requirements. Probably FUBAR'd that one too.
    That is correct, you can save the PID list(s) with whatever name you like. When you click the [Program] button, the EFILive software will re-save the current PID list (temporarily) as Options.txt in the C:\ProgramData\EFIlive\V8\tmp folder. (Or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\tmp on WinXp, Win2K). That is because the file must be called Options.txt on FlashScan.

Is there a manual for the V2 anywhere? I have studied this system a great deal and find it to be something akin to a box of parts that will assemble into something. I have worked with engines and EFI for years... thank God! I think I know what the parts build .
    No, not really.So far the only V2 documentation is the Quick Start Guide at Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Quick Start. However it currently has no information about the standalone logging, reading or flashing capabilities. The Quick Start Guide will be updated with the latest V2 instructions but that has not been done yet.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Blacky,

Thanks for the help. I fixed a symptom of the hapi.exe and 8.1.2.xx. I found that hapi only starts when the "read" button is pressed.
    AND
    The problems with the pid's was my fault. I have been learning a lot, only because I HAVE TO . I must that there is a lot to learn about the specifics of this system.

Thanks again,
    S