Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up auto ve with serial input ???

Lifetime Member

Default Setting up auto ve with serial input ???

I am trying to follow the auto ve tutorial. It was created years ago and serial wideband inputs and preloaded maps are availible now and I need to know how to intergrate them , but I am having issues doing so. I am using a lm1 with a serial homemade cable and a 98 pcm. Any advice , thread links or pointers would be great.
    Last edited by Slowrc; February 6th, 2010 at 06:19 AM. Reason: typo
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

Lifetime Member

To elaborate, I am looking for how to build my maps for serial wideband data to perform autove.
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

Select the serial WBO2 PIDs, then change the parameter in the map's properties.
    The manual has a section on how to build a map.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

As mr.prick said... open an existing analog BEN map (say the one for the LC-1), edit its properties, on its Data tab change the parameter to CALC.BEN1 (this is the BEN pid for the serial AFR), save with a new name (indicating serial BEN), and exit properties.

Lifetime Member

Thanks guys. I am asking the same questions I did last year. I am working on a newer laptop now and I only have one job know so maybe I can learn this stuff. I am going to search how to post my maps and see if I can show you what I am doing. Tahnks again!!!

Slowrc,

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but would you mind posting how you setup WBO2 autove? I have read everything I can find about it, most of it twice. I can't find Calc.AFR_LC1 or Calc.BEN_LC1.

I know the helpers get tired of answering simple(to them) questions. I just wish someone would write a real beginners guide. I'm going to try that after I figure out how to use this system and before I loose sight of what was difficult to understand.

I'm really pitchin a b!@#$ about this tutorial BS,
    S

You need to have EXT.AD1 selected for those to be available.
    Uncheck the supported box in the PIDs tab to see all PIDs
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by acomp917 View Post
    Slowrc,

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but would you mind posting how you setup WBO2 autove? I have read everything I can find about it, most of it twice. I can't find Calc.AFR_LC1 or Calc.BEN_LC1.

I know the helpers get tired of answering simple(to them) questions. I just wish someone would write a real beginners guide. I'm going to try that after I figure out how to use this system and before I loose sight of what was difficult to understand.

I'm really pitchin a b!@#$ about this tutorial BS,
    S
    Not a hijack in my eyes. I followed the tutorial on bbl serial WB install. I have yet to auto ve even once. Still trying to get the maps correct for it.
    Some people are willing to help. just have to put in the effort and explain your screwups for the world to see like me. I know there are tons of people just like me who are having a fit doing seemingly simple tasks. The sad thing is no local tuners want to share because you/I may tune for someone that could have been a customer for them.
    For those that do respond, Thanks for the guys.

Lifetime Member

These are my primary and backup maps I made for autove. Let me know how they look please.

slowrc,

I have been fighting pids and BBL for a few days. Got that worked out today. Will need to work on maps and filters next. I hope the two of us can possibly help each other with these "basics".

My current problem is that I flashed a 2002 tune to my 2000 and everything is good except the red battery (alternator) display keeps blinking. Alternator works well though. Also, since I flashed I cannot seem to log any data(might be my fault).

I think I found the required WBO2 and calcBEN pids. I think that combination, along with commanded AFR is used in a map. that will create a %error from commanded afr. Then, somehow that is pasted with labels to the ve table. Somehow the %error is added/subtracted into each of the ve's perspective cells, thus moving the tables closer to 0%error.

Best luck,
    S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast