Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limp mode? with new dsp5 and tunes

So does that mean the problem is with the tune?

Quote Originally Posted by smitty91 View Post
    So does that mean the problem is with the tune?
    If you re-flashed with the stock tune, and you are still having the same problem, why would you think its the tune? Is it possable that installing a tune that was set up with the mods you said you had, but did not, could have caused a problem? I'm not a tunner so i could not say if it was the tune or not, however when i ordered my tunes i told him what was in the truck, not what i was planning to install. My why of insuring that it will run right and there is no chance of fring something, When i plan on bumping up the tune, the truck will be set up to handle it.
    I hope it all works out for you.
    2500 HD 09 Silverado LMM/CC/LB/Z71/LT1
    EFILive w/ DSP5 (Duramaxtuner.com)

I didn't say I just uploaded the stock engine tune. I said I uploaded the stock tranny tune. 2 different things. And having gone back to the stock tranny tune, and the problem still remaining, I'm saying that this shows the problem is not with the transmission or transmission tune, so it leads me to believe it's with the engine tune. If telling nick that I already had the suncoast installed when he built the tunes was the problem, then the problem would have gone away when I went back to the stock transmission tune.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty91 View Post
    I didn't say I just uploaded the stock engine tune. I said I uploaded the stock tranny tune. 2 different things. And having gone back to the stock tranny tune, and the problem still remaining, I'm saying that this shows the problem is not with the transmission or transmission tune, so it leads me to believe it's with the engine tune. If telling nick that I already had the suncoast installed when he built the tunes was the problem, then the problem would have gone away when I went back to the stock transmission tune.
    theres nothing a tuner would really do in a TCM tune that would cause these issues. Also It doesnt matter if you have a SC trans or not.

SO no codes? Does this problem only exist on the modded ECM tunes? Does it do it on all DSP tunes? Have you tried stock tune? How do you get it out of "weird" mode, or what do you do that it goes back to normal? Have you tied to scan for codes? Maybe a background code not lighting the light.

Have you tried to log it? Whats your fuel pressures look like?
    12 Second LMM

Okay thats what I thought. Then that rules out the transmission itself or tcm tune being the problem. That is correct, I am getting no codes and I have scanned multiple times for codes and I don't get any. Yes it does it on modded ecm tunes and the dsp5 tunes. I DID have a bullydog power pup handheld programmer and I didn't have this problem with that. I tried the stock tcm tune and it didn't eliminate the problem. I am going to try uploading the stock tune later today and see if the problem goes away. To get it out of "weird mode" i turn the truck off and leave it off for at least 10 minutes, then restart it and its back to normal. And I am also going to log it later today. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge.

Default smitty

log your ecm with efi live it would be a good diagnostic tool ,if you haven't thought of that yet and then post your results and see if someone can figure it out. or you could send it to nick ,i know he will figure it out. Loren
    09 K2500 HD DMAX Z71 cc sb efi live Dsp5 tuned by me , banks ram air ,autometer gauges ,airdog 165, transgo jr ,pcv re route ,on 285's with air ride soon to come Gmax 6

Hmmmm..maybe it is going into limp mode and the the codes are shut off (not reporting).
    or
    This wasnt a script you ran over your tune was it? If so maybe the units were imperial and your tune was set to metric.....Check out parameters B1118 and Bo792 and see if the tq is limited to a low number, or if the limp mode table is not raised and its limiting the fuel. Seems like if it just happens after bit, that it may be hitting limp mode and starving it of fuel.
    12 Second LMM

So which pid's should I select when I log the ecm?

And no this wasnt a script. It was my original tune that Nick just modified for me. And I doubt its limp mode because it will go into this weird mode even if i'm driving like a grandma.

nevermind I figured it out. Of course now that I start logging it won't go into "weird mode." I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to get it to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast