Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Vendor to Tune 2010 Camaro

Default Looking for Vendor to Tune 2010 Camaro

I have EFI Live and my buddy wants me to get him a tune for his 2010 Camaro w/ manual trans. Does anyone have any ideas on what vendor would be the best for this.

Lifetime Member

where is your location

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    where is your location
    Located in Fairfield Texas

Do you want to put the car on a dyno or are you just looking for the best modified tables for a bolt-on 2010 M6 Camaro?

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 heads/cam/boost coming
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Vararam, EFI Live tuned, Cruising in 4 cylinder mode, hauling on 8.
    2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE Mods list, Idle Sound Clip, WOT video, 183.092mph video
    2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L K&N FIPK, variable valve timing tuned to the max w/EFI Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
    Do you want to put the car on a dyno or are you just looking for the best modified tables for a bolt-on 2010 M6 Camaro?
    Just looking for a good vendor to tune it, dont want to put it on a dyno. Looking for the best gas tuner. i only know vendors that tune diesels

I'm in TN and would be interested in one myself, tune to load that is.
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

If you guys spent the money on the software then why don't you use it? Mail order tunes are nothing but second rate guesses. I'm sure this will start a pissing match but I really don't give a crap. Not meaning you guys but the kings of mail order tuning. I calibrate cars everyday and can tell you no two tunes are the same. Even with the exact same parts.

Why are you opposed to put the car on a chassis dyno? Anyone who does good calibrating will tell you that steady state load control is the optimal procedure when calibratiing the MAF and coefficients.

I get e-mails and calls everyday for mail order tunes and I just don't feel like screwing people over for less then a quality calibration.

Not sure where you are in TX but there are several decent shops that can handle this work.

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Are you willing to help for us "No nothing about tuning a gasser" people?

I can tune my Duramax decently good now, but I know nothing about tuning via EFILive with a gas motor.
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Follow the links that my sig links to ("What to Tune Steps").

Take some logs and post your log files and tune file here.

You will need a wideband, this will be used to correct various tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    If you guys spent the money on the software then why don't you use it? Mail order tunes are nothing but second rate guesses. I'm sure this will start a pissing match but I really don't give a crap. Not meaning you guys but the kings of mail order tuning. I calibrate cars everyday and can tell you no two tunes are the same. Even with the exact same parts.

Why are you opposed to put the car on a chassis dyno? Anyone who does good calibrating will tell you that steady state load control is the optimal procedure when calibratiing the MAF and coefficients.

I get e-mails and calls everyday for mail order tunes and I just don't feel like screwing people over for less then a quality calibration.

Not sure where you are in TX but there are several decent shops that can handle this work.

I dont have a clue how to tune gas engines and dont even know where to start, i would love to do it myself. I was wanting to take one of the classes but just havent had the time. People here in texas work for a living! All work no play!

I am not opposed to someone tuning car on a dyno but i dont know anyone that does it, im sure there are shops in houston or dallas, but how much more actual HP can these guys tune out of a gas motor by putting it on a dyno, im sure it is gonna cost more money, gonna have to take a day off work, and gonna have to spend money to drive 100+ miles to get just a couple more HP out of a gas engine. Doesnt seem worth it to me. Now if there is really a huge night and day difference between the tunes then maybe.

What do most people charge to put a car on the dyno and tune it, i can get a tune from a vendor for $200 or less and a license for $100 and be pretty close to as much extra hp you can squeeze out just from tuning alone. If it costs $500+ to get someone to tune it on a dyno w/ License and my day off + mileage to and from dallas or houston which could be 300+ miles that day, that just doesnt seem worth it to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast