Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCC Slip when showing fully locked.

Thanks Joe,

I replaced all of the accumulator pistons with pinless versions from Sonnax already. The originals were all showing cracks in them around the pin boss area, so I just did away with them entirely. I bought a tech video I found while buying the solenoid kit and it showed me a lot of things to look for in the valve body & case I wasn't aware of before. I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb and my new found knowledge this time.

I replaced the Reverse Input Drum and put a new "Beast" Sun Gear Shell in it also. In the event I have to pull it back down, I bought a set of Alto Red Eagle clutches for the 3-4 clutch drum. (The standard yellow clutches were in the rebuild kit) If not they will go in the wife's Tahoe in another month or so when I redo it...after I get this one sorted out.

One bright spot about this is, it has been educational. In addition to being an Control Tech I operate a Natural Gas Processing Plant and I tell the new operators I train that once you have the basic operation of the plant down, you really almost stop learning stuff until the plant goes haywire, then the REAL education begins. The same thing goes with machinery also from cars to industrial gas turbines. As long as I can learn something new from the experience it isn't wasted. (As long as I remember it next time, Hah!)

Thanks again,
    Michael
    I have never been much of a fan of the ball fetching sports. Instead I stick to the mantra "He who builds the best machine wins."

1999 Silverado 4WD 5.3L LM7 4L60E (Procharger soon)
    1999 Tahoe 5.7L L31 4L60E

Yes, the real learning happens when something doesn't work... "best lessons learnt".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12