Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LBZ controller frozen. No start

Default LBZ controller frozen. No start

Ok here is the deal. I am running a DSP5 switch and changed up one of my tunes. I went to reflash and it would erase the flash memory on my ECM then abort. It has done this several times. The fourth time today I hit the stop button when it was erasing the flash memory and now I have nothing.My truck will not accept a tune. It will not accept a full reflash nothing. It will not start either. I try to read it and it keeps giving me a interupted message. I did read just the computer hardware info and found the os is completly different than either my stock tune or the DSP tune OS now.I have disconnected the batteries several times at the advise of my tuner and another tuner. Still no dice. What do I have to do to get the computer up and running again??
    06 CCLB LBZ
    Diamond Eye Exhaust, EFI BY MMLMM, S&B intake, Transgo JR, EGR Blocked,
    04.5 LLY
    5" Diamond Eye exhaust, EFI BY KORY,LBZ PIE HOLE- Cause LLY cant breathe

you might have to have it reflashed via TECH 2 to recover it

Some one might have a idea to try with efilive

A Tech2 might be able to recover it, but if EFILive can't do anything, you might have a doorstop...

i thought i read some where in efilives instructions if you ever flash and is not successful and your remove power from the ecm before a successful flash is completed you will need to have the ECM reprogrammed via tech2

Lifetime Member

I would disconnect the batteries for an hour. I know over kill. Then use the $ffff as the seed key when you try to full flash a single standard tune first. Once you accomplish that if possible then you can do your DSP5 tune. Still no go then I say time to order a new ECM.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by the4wheeler View Post
    i thought i read some where in efilives instructions if you ever flash and is not successful and your remove power from the ecm before a successful flash is completed you will need to have the ECM reprogrammed via tech2
    That's possible, but I think EFILive has more "recovery power" than the Tech2.

i remember that also. i read it in the scan tool manual
    07' classic lbz.

On the LBZ / LMM we are at the mercy of the ECM as to how the flash proceeds, it's pretty much all controlled by the ECM. The 'nice' part is the ECM should never put itself in a dead state on a failed reflash, even if a full flash fails.

The idea of unplugging the ECM is much like the reset button on your PC in a way, sometimes things go bad and you need to power down. On nearly every ECM out there when you turn the key off, the ECM is still alive for 5 - 15 seconds after this, but if it's off in space due to the failed flash it might never shut down.

So what I would do is pull the battery lead for maybe 10mins, that should be plenty.
    Then try the full flash again, EFILive should tell you that the ECM does not have a valid calibration in it, proceed past that and you should be up and running again once the flash completes.

The warning on the pulling the battery really only applies to the LB7, it can be fatal on them.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

No dice........Computer is D.O.A.
    I tried unplugging the batteries for 1 hour. I also tried numerous times to reflash both the stock and Dsp programs and it did not work. I pulled the computer and sent it to Idahorob. He took it an put it on his bench harness and could still not recover it with Efi or a TechII. I purchased the loaner computer he sent me from him and am glad I had him load a Dsp program as I now need to purchase another vin license.He sent the scan reports and bug reports to Efi for their reveiw. Maybe my experiance will help others once it is figured out. I guess it is all part of the game.

Bet you I never hit stop again.....LOL
    06 CCLB LBZ
    Diamond Eye Exhaust, EFI BY MMLMM, S&B intake, Transgo JR, EGR Blocked,
    04.5 LLY
    5" Diamond Eye exhaust, EFI BY KORY,LBZ PIE HOLE- Cause LLY cant breathe

Hi John,

Sorry to hear it all turned bad, the bug reports really didn't show what went wrong. Your VIN license can be replaced for free, Paul or Andrew probably already said that?
    With the ECM, if you don't mind I might try to get hold of that and dissect what went wrong. If I fix it I'll even send it back as a spare for you.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast