Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LBZ controller frozen. No start

On the LB7 it is possible to leave the ECM in a dead state as some critical code must be erased and re-written, if things go wrong before that happens then you might be in some trouble. The LBZ is different, the 'critical code' is never modified, even on a full reflash so there should never be the situation where it is not recoverable.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    On the LB7 it is possible to leave the ECM in a dead state as some critical code must be erased and re-written, if things go wrong before that happens then you might be in some trouble. The LBZ is different, the 'critical code' is never modified, even on a full reflash so there should never be the situation where it is not recoverable.

Cheers,
    Ross
    True. I had one die in the truck and used my bench harness to recover it. Never did figure out why the flash was interupted in the truck, but LBZ bench harness saved the day.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Cheers,
    Ross
    What about the situation with one or more other controllers where if you changed some obsure, seemingly benign parameter (Wasn't it something to do with the VSS?) to 0 it would lock up the controller forever, never to work again? Could this be somehow similar?

Not sure if that was a problem on the Bosch ECM's, the Delphi ones don't have a divide by zero check in the speedo code, that is where the problem is.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Did you ever have a chance to disect my old ECM? I was just wondering what could have caused it to fail. The tuck only had 55,000 miles on it.The new Ecm is working like a charm I have reflashed it several times with no problems.
    06 CCLB LBZ
    Diamond Eye Exhaust, EFI BY MMLMM, S&B intake, Transgo JR, EGR Blocked,
    04.5 LLY
    5" Diamond Eye exhaust, EFI BY KORY,LBZ PIE HOLE- Cause LLY cant breathe

I have your ECM here but as yet I've not been able to pull it apart and see what went wrong, however I can confirm it is dead as a door nail.
    Did you ever get this figured out??
    06 CCLB LBZ
    Diamond Eye Exhaust, EFI BY MMLMM, S&B intake, Transgo JR, EGR Blocked,
    04.5 LLY
    5" Diamond Eye exhaust, EFI BY KORY,LBZ PIE HOLE- Cause LLY cant breathe

Any update on what the cause was? Just had a similar scenario, although in my case, was caused by a loose power wire on the obd2 port..... stopped in the middle of the flash, ecm will not reflash now.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyCustoms View Post
    Any update on what the cause was? Just had a similar scenario, although in my case, was caused by a loose power wire on the obd2 port..... stopped in the middle of the flash, ecm will not reflash now.
    You should be able to recover the ECM following the controller recovery process documented here https://service.efilive.com/kb/artic...covery-process

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123