Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Racetronix Pump Still Kicking My A@@!!

Quote Originally Posted by ND2RACE View Post
    If all you did was install a pump and the fuel pressure went up why would you tune around that? Am I missing something?

Sounds like you knocked the fuel pressure regulator loose in the tank.
    I guess I could have. Never thought of that happening. I'm pretty sure that it was assembled right. Luckily, I cut an access door. I think I willl take it out and check it over. Fuel pressure was 58 with one pump then 71 with the other.

Thanks
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

Default Jump in here!!!

ttt...

I guess the question then is: Can the added output of the new pump affect the operation of the stock regulator? I see that you can buy a replacement regulator. Should that be the next step?

I guess one of the intents of this thread was to get info on how to add an external regulator to my system. The addition of a regulator is the obvious choice. It would fix my problem but I am sure it's not that simple. I have searched for the best way to install an external regulator but have, as usual, there are arguments everywhere.

So, yes. In my opinion, fuel pressure should be right before it gets to be a tuning issue.

What should I do?

Thank you!!
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

Lifetime Member

Do a search on ls1tech.com in the Fuel section. The more common and accepted method is to install a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on the passenger side after the fuel rail.

Quote Originally Posted by ND2RACE View Post
    Sounds like you knocked the fuel pressure regulator loose in the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by tatasta View Post
    I guess I could have. Never thought of that happening. I'm pretty sure that it was assembled right. Luckily, I cut an access door. I think I willl take it out and check it over.
    ...s
    Did you get a chance to check that the regulator is connected properly and that nothing is restricting the short return plumbing...?

Lifetime Member

My guess is it's installed correctly. The Racetronix pump is a modified Walbro for increased flow, that along with the voltage booster almost always increases fuel pressure over stock.

No, I wont get to removing the pump until next weekend. I feel pretty confident on the accuracy of the install but, if I did screw up something with the regulator, what did I likely do? I never had to take the reg. out so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Also, I never did put the new voltage boosting harness in it. Once I fired it up with just the pump, the last thing I wanted was more fuel pressure.

If I was to put a regulator on after the passenger side rail, would I need to plumb a return line in too?

I'll check out LS1Tech for some ideas.

Thanks!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tatasta View Post
    No, I wont get to removing the pump until next weekend. I feel pretty confident on the accuracy of the install but, if I did screw up something with the regulator, what did I likely do? I never had to take the reg. out so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Also, I never did put the new voltage boosting harness in it. Once I fired it up with just the pump, the last thing I wanted was more fuel pressure.

If I was to put a regulator on after the passenger side rail, would I need to plumb a return line in too?

I'll check out LS1Tech for some ideas.

Thanks!
    Search for my friend's posts (Waterbug1999) He installed an adjustable FPR off the passenger fuel rail and did a nice, clean install.

Let us know what you find and how you get it resolved.

I don't know if this is a help or not. If you look at my avatar, you will see 2 255lph pumps in parallel. I had this hooked to a stock LT1 reg(modified mounting, select "personal junk" in signature, go to V8-S10 pics). With both pumps running under low fuel consumption, I COULD NOT regulate pressure to 3bar. The stock return port(pintle) is ~.125" dia, most aftermarkets are only slightly larger.

I found it is much better to stage pumps based on required fuel, and then only to have pumps of required size. Using battery current to move excess fuel just raises the temp and lowers the density. I have noticed slight changes in AFR(overall) on OL systems that I drove many miles.

S
    Last edited by acomp917; February 17th, 2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you get a chance to check that the regulator is connected properly and that nothing is restricting the short return plumbing...?
    This is what i mean, I have been running a Racetronix system for two years now with no variation from the stock 58psi. I would just be concerned that the mechanical part is working properly, hope you can figure it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast