Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why 2 Buy EFI Live instead of HP Tuners?

Default Why 2 Buy EFI Live instead of HP Tuners?

I'm looking at sometime down the road to buy either.I like what I hear about EFI Live but the $800 vs. $650 and plus you can tune other makes with HP.I really won't get into tuning others.Myquestion really my be is it worht the extra $150?

Thanks

There is really no point asking a questions like this on a vendor forum. Most (I hope) EFILive customers are going to tell you that the extra $$$ is worth it. You're probably better reviewing similar questions on other forums like LS1Tech where this has been asked repeatedly.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Well I thought about that but not enough I guess.I'm already leaning towards EFI Live and I wanted to hear all the good things @ it.

For a Duramax owner I'd suggest that the biggest benefit for you will be the EFILive DSP5 Custom Operating Systems (COS). These allow you to install a 5 position switch in the cabin and change between 5 levels of tune on the fly.

The EFILive DSP5 COS is available to all customers at no additional cost.

The FlashScan V2 also has inputs for a K-type thermocouple which I believe is very popular with customers.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Because of the Scanner... Functionality... Honestly this software looks like what you would expect. Hell I am sure GM uses this software to tune their vehicles with the ability to use CAX Files.

Anyways... The scanner will make the world a difference. Customer support here is top notch and honestly... Future Proof. Not to mention that LICENSING is much MUCH more user friendly and MONEY friendly too.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Don't let the $150 lower price fool you...

That's how the gov't buys stuff, from the lowest bidder.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Don't let the $150 lower price fool you...

That's how the gov't buys stuff, from the lowest bidder.
    And look at the mess the Government is in!

You won't be sorry with EFILive
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

DMAX432

First I think you need to evaluate your use of the software and ultimately if you're willing to put forth the effort to truely learn it. If so, great. But don't discount the ease of calling one of the EFI Live gurus for a an awesome custom tune with DSP 5 capabilities.

If you think tuning is still in your near future all you need to do is a little homework and you'll see which choice you should make. Look at the forums for both. Look at the questions and their respective respones. Look at how often EFI Live support gets involved vs HP.

I own and tune with both EFI and HP Tuners on a daily basis through my shop and in my humble opinion EFI has the upper hand on diesel tuning. The DSP 5, Scanning capabilities and support after the sale should be enough to sway your decision. We tune a lot of LMM's and found HP to be utterly useless in terms of scanning data. The edge insight will data log more information that HP can for an LMM. NO JOKE... I've done it..

Good luck with your decision!

DMAX432, You are probably aware of the various Diesel (Duramax) forums out there? You only need to spend a bit of time on them to realise that EFILive is by a mile the most popular product for custom tuning the Duramax.
    There is fantastic user support on those forums, as well as our own support people and support by the vendors who sell our product. Many (if not all) of our resellers offer phone support and starter tunes when you buy EFILive. In fact this EFILive forum is not used by many of our users as they prefer to stick with the Diesel forums where the user base is much bigger.

It's hard for us to juggle resources between enhancing the software for both the Diesel and gas vehicles we support, but the Duramax does get a lot of our attention, it's not just added then forgotten about.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The reason you should buy EFI over HPT is because if you buy HP Tuners you will be spending the money all over again when you're unhappy with it on EFI
    2005 CC/LB Silverado 2500HD LS 4x4
    Duramax / Allison
    EFILive, QA1, Shimmed FPRV, Air Dog, S475, RDL pedestal, 3" boost tubes, EGR delete, SunCoast V, AFE, MBRP, Toyo, KMC Wheels, PPE

SoCal Diesel Truck Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast