Thread: IAT2 on LMM?

Default IAT2 on LMM?

I thought this parameter, post intercooler air temp, was available on the 2006+ Duramax but could not find it on an 07 today using EFILive scan tool. Did I miss is, if so what's it named? TIA.

Todd

Anyone?

In the latest release the PID is called "GM.IAT2"

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm bringing this thread back because I still cannot access this pid. I gave up unsuccessfully last time, but now I have a LBZ twin turbo and am doing intercooler experiments and really would like to monitor this.

My truck is a 2006 LBZ, VIN 1GCHK23D36F146308. I have V7.5.5 build 88. I cannot see this pid when in the LBZ engine controller. However, when I select the LBZ Allison trans controller it comes up right below SAE.IAT as GM.IAT2. It will not read data values though because it's not available from the trans controller (neither will SAE.IAT). When I go back to the engine controller SAE.IAT is still there and works, but GM.IAT2 is gone. What's going on here?

Todd

Lifetime Member

Download 7.5.6 build 103 and see if it still persists. Download link is HERE.

Need to download 8.1.2 build 87 as well for your V2.

Have you validated the PIDs in the scan tool with the V2 connected to your LBZ and key on (engine off). Might seem dumb, but Ive had to revalidate PIDs after switching software builds occasionally.

Interesting about it appearing when selecting the Alli trans though, weird?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

The only IAT pid that works on the LBZ right now is the post-intercooler temp sensor. SAE.IAT
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

You could try it as an LMM, though I still don't think this will work.
    To determine which PID's are supported by each ECM, EFILive queries the ECM (validating PID's), if the ECM is coming back saying not supported (which it must be) then there isn't a lot we can do about that.
    Try connecting as an LMM then re-validate the PID's.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.