Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000+ rwhp Z06 with an E38

Default 1000+ rwhp Z06 with an E38

Well thats the goal at least......Oh let the fun begin.......

HOB Custom Cog Drive System (Soon will be for sale)
    HOB Custom Fuel System (Flowed over 1400hp on flowbench)
    ProCharger F2
    ID 100lb Injectors
    HOB Built motor,
    RPM Built 4L80 Conversion
    HOB 252/266 .630/.630 Cam

So far got her idling smooth like a champ, reving is clean and crisp....
    Now to get the start up cleaned up....she has the worse extended crank....
    It will start on its own 8 out of 10 times, without touching the gas, but its a long crank. I am used to BigStuff3 cars, where I can get them to light off the second they fire the coil packs. I hope to solve this in the next couple hours of tuning, before I pull the rest of my hair out.....

Other then that, I'll keep you all updated on the progress.

EA
    Last edited by E.A.; February 22nd, 2010 at 01:59 AM.
    Das Beste oder nichts

Cool Pics...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Good project, thanks for the pics...

I love the big banger build ups, it's proof that the entire world hasn't gone soft and Hybrid crazy. Please keep up posted on progress.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Progress tonight 02.17.10

Start up taken care of...cold and hot. Just a slight flair on the hot start, could use some tweaking. But thats just me being anal.

All "Rev up" tuning as I call it is done. LTFT are all in check, motor has some break in time on her, and everything is a go.

Tomorrow she will get strapped down on the dyno, and I will start loading tunes into the auto tranny. Hopefully all goes well inside the tranny (I have already put it though the gears manually, and she has everything P N R and D. So...

Hopefully if the snow holds off here in KS. Friday/Sat will start "driveablity" tunes and putting some miles on everything breaking it in.

EA

PS: Normally I would have just put a BigStuff3 on this car and saved myself all the headaches (Since I have about 100 tunes for big cube, big boost, lsx stuff) But, to keep the factory computer, and all the factory stuff in the car... just makes it that much cooler. HOB built a heck of a machine. I am just lucky to get to tickle the keys on the keyboard to make it run.
    Das Beste oder nichts

Update 02.22.10

1103 rwhp @6800 rpm. Through the Auto!

Only took 8 pulls to get her lined out flawless. Still runing the MAF, just to see how far it could be pushed. I knew it was going to be a monster when the first "base" tune netted 927rwhp shutting it down at 5800rpm. It could take some more timing, but there is no reason to push it, and I wanna do some plug reads after it gets some passes at the track on here.

Erik
    Das Beste oder nichts

Impressive!...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Good job....

Quote Originally Posted by E.A. View Post
    Update 02.22.10

Only took 8 pulls to get her lined out flawless. Still runing the MAF, just to see how far it could be pushed. I knew it was going to be a monster when the first "base" tune netted 927rwhp shutting it down at 5800rpm. It could take some more timing, but there is no reason to push it, and I wanna do some plug reads after it gets some passes at the track on here.

Erik
    Great to see its working well with the MAF Erik, in blow thru e38s they work well. I find if I run SD first to get the fuelling right (upto 80kpa kind of thing) with the stfts (turn the ltft off they will screw ur wot fuelling) then connect the MAF and scale it(as u have done) my old vortech setup wasnt as wild as yours but I sure no it made no difference in response with the MAF on or mph at the track, ets were slightly better with the MAF from better control of dynamics, And with the vve right bottom end response was majic sounds like you have got a handle on it.! To fix the hot start flair go into cranking idle air and reduce it by 2g/s(at hot ect) and see what happens.

I run a 240s cam on 111 lsa, My ve table is spot on and it idles nice I put on the MAF to see what happened it idled smoother!!! and drove better! It ran like a dream. I had to actually check that I was logging hertz from it and that the afrs slightly changed from disconnect to connect it was that smooth. I think they are overlooked a lot. But only issue I have is that it runs only 96kpa at full throttle and 92 with the MAF in with FI no probs it just forces it in.

What hertz are you getting upto in the logs it would near be maxxed out?

Quote Originally Posted by E.A. View Post
    WOW
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast