Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone get my a stock tune from a VIN

Default Can anyone get my a stock tune from a VIN

I re-tuned a 2002 TA that someone else really hacked up. So I did what I normally do and go to my tune library and get a known 100% stock tune with the same OS and options. Well the car runs 100x better but it does some weird things. First the O2's (brand new ones) read weird sometimes, the milivolts will drop to zero at random but the car still runs and drives fine. The second is the traction control cuts on at random, sometimes I'll flash the pcm and the traction control wont work at all, then I can reflash it and it will work. The customer said it never done this before with his bad tune, it just drove and ran bad. The old tune did however have alot of code just turned off, like the O2's. So I want to start with the correct base tune and see if that fixes it. Can anyone get me the stock tune from the VIN?

Thanks

I document the process that I used here http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...51&postcount=1.

Give it a try.

Steve

Sorry, I wasnt clear. I need someone who can email me the stock tune off a VIN number.

Lifetime Member

Lorenz, Ive heard that the Fbody 12216125 OS is the best to use regardless of whatever stock OS it had. Its the latest Fbody OS, and makes the COS upgrade easy (although I think you know this already).

Any reason to not use the 12216125 OS? Can be had from holdencrazy.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lorenz,
    I agree with Erik, in that OS 12216125 is likely one of the best, most refined operating systems you can run on a 512 kB PCM. I've run three different stock OS plus COS 3 in my truck and I like 12216125 the best. I think that they significantly improved the diagnostics and the way it manages the engine.

Now, back to what you were saying about getting the tune based on a VIN. The best thing that I know to do is to enter the VIN on the GM site and then search the Holden Crazy stock tunes to look for the same OS for your vehicle or as close as you can get. You could take the PCM to a GM dealer and get them to reflash the PCM with a TECH 2 programmer. I don't know what they would charge, but that is an option.

Steve

I know you can flash any OS into the pcm. I use the 12216125 most of the time myself. I also have all the OS stock tunes, but this car is acting really weird so I trying to get the exact calibration it came with just to rule that out. There are a few people on here who have access to VIN based data bases that enable them to get the tune like GM does. I was just looking for someone to do that for me.

Yes, you're right. Some folks do have a TECH 2 and a subscription.

Steve

Lifetime Member

Ah I see your point Lorenz, trying to take all the variables out of the situation is a good idea. Try 12216125 and see what happens, if it still acts weird then use the original OS. Otherwise finish tuning it and off you go!

Wish I had access to a Tech II...too expensive for my blood.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Ok, if you guys are talking about the 2002 F-body OS, then you meant to say 12212156...

You can download this from www.holdencrazy.com under the Stock Tunes page (look for 2002 Camaro, Manual or Automatic).

You're right Joe on the OS. I was misquoting the number as were others. I did a sort by OS (which you can do on the webpage just by clicking the column header and here's what I got. There are some good candidate tunes right there. Thanks again Joe,

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12212156 OS Varients on holdencrazy.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	7204  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast