Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RR wont connect

I switched over to the mini USB and Wow I updated the drivers restartd the. Computer and it worked ?? I'm s happy now!!!!!

Thanks guys
    2017 Trailblazer 2.5L Dmax
    07 LBZ rc lb EFI - Sold
    05 lly cc lb, EFI 80hp tune-Sold
    01 lb7 rc lb EFI & Road Runner,1000+hp -Sold
    Duramax power

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdiesel View Post
    I switched over to the mini USB and Wow I updated the drivers restartd the. Computer and it worked ?? I'm s happy now!!!!!

Thanks guys
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

Well so far so good using the USB cable thanks again guys!

What does the little battery do in the ECM?
    2017 Trailblazer 2.5L Dmax
    07 LBZ rc lb EFI - Sold
    05 lly cc lb, EFI 80hp tune-Sold
    01 lb7 rc lb EFI & Road Runner,1000+hp -Sold
    Duramax power

The battery maintains the data in memory. It is RAM not Flash memory so needs to have power maintained.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I just sent mine off to Moates for a new battery.
    It would not allow me to flash calz only or read the .tun from it nor would the car start.
    Only a full calz & OS flash would get it to work and only for a minute, after that I had to full flash again.

Hopefully it's only the battery.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Keep us posted....

Phew, I have just been all through this after my hard drive crashed, and had huge dramas getting it to work again.
    I did everything as explained in this thread, but still coukdnt get my usb to show up in Ports in Device mananger, so I tried what NODIH suggested, because I could see and hear ding dong when inserting rr usb that it was showing in usb controllers, so I manually changed it as suggested, but still no good, however, there is one more tiny detail, and that is when you go to properties for the usb serial convertor, and select advanced, there is a little box you need to check called load vcp. Now when you reopen the Device Manager, it shows up in Ports and you can then change the Latency Timer to 1, and then continue with the next steps as described here in the previous posts.
    Thanks again to all those that contributed
    I hope my little bit helps others as well.

There is actually a reliable way to get the RoadRunner working as a Native USB Device. I'll write a knowledgebase article in the next while to detail it (it's in a forum post here somewhere. Basically it has to do with the fact that Moates didn't set a custom hardware ID so when you connect the device to your PC it goes away to Windows Update and gets the latest driver, trying to be helpful. You have to use the same driver as the FlashScan devices for it to work properly, but you never et the chance during th driver install to do that. But you can still do it manually.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Cool, looking forward to it. It is surprising that the FTDI drivers are not standard in Windows.... But without the ID set, that would pose windows to do what it thinks is best....

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    There is actually a reliable way to get the RoadRunner working as a Native USB Device. I'll write a knowledgebase article in the next while to detail it (it's in a forum post here somewhere. Basically it has to do with the fact that Moates didn't set a custom hardware ID so when you connect the device to your PC it goes away to Windows Update and gets the latest driver, trying to be helpful. You have to use the same driver as the FlashScan devices for it to work properly, but you never et the chance during th driver install to do that. But you can still do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Andrew, please post a link here to the KB when written.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast