Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PID availability

Default PID availability

I've got a question about PID availability on different models of the same style PCM, Gen III LS1 99-08, in this example.

Here is the scenario:

A friend of mine had a 2000 Silverado with an LQ4. It was running the stock OS, 09381344. We installed an electric fan, then he decided he wanted to try lean cruise on it. We flashed the OS to 12212156, which is a 2002 Silverado with an LQ4.

I have a 2002 Z06 that is running the stock OS, 12212156.

Here is what I've encountered:

When logging his truck, I only have the option for Injector Pulsewidth Bank 1 yet not bank 2. On my Corvette, I have the option for both banks.

When logging his truck, I can log VE lookup. On my Corvette, I have a calculated VE PID, but not the lookup.

I'm curious as to whether this is hardware or software driven since we're running the same version OS, albeit for different vehicles. I'm sure there are other difference, but these are the two that I can recall from memory.

Does anyone know?

Edit:

I apologize, but this may be posted in the wrong section. Perhaps in GenIII or Scanning?
    Last edited by LinearX; January 20th, 2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Possilby in the wrong location?

Hi LX, welcome to the forum...

Have you tried these things (on both vehicles):
    - validating pids when connect to vehicle (Info->Validate PIDs),
    - uncheck the Supported box on the PIDs tab,
    - on the pids tab, click on the column heading "Caption" to sort alphabetically on that column, then scroll down until you see IBPW1, IBPW2, VETABLE_DMA.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi LX, welcome to the forum...

Have you tried these things (on both vehicles):
    - validating pids when connect to vehicle (Info->Validate PIDs),
    - uncheck the Supported box on the PIDs tab,
    - on the pids tab, click on the column heading "Caption" to sort alphabetically on that column, then scroll down until you see IBPW1, IBPW2, VETABLE_DMA.

Joe
    Hey, Joe...

It's been about a week since I've been connected to the truck, but I have a saved log that I can open if that is of any help. If not, I have access to the truck anytime I need it, so getting a validated PID list isn't an issue.

I do recall unchecking the "Supported" button at one point, but I don't recall specifically looking for IBPW1 and IBPW2. I only noticed the inability after talking to Marcin.

Just so I'm not spreading misinformation, I'll verify with connectivity to the truck PCM.

Sometimes a PID will be invalid before connection to the vehicle is established or logging begins.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Sometimes a PID will be invalid before connection to the vehicle is established or logging begins.
    I'll connect again and verify. It will probably be tomorrow evening before I have access to it again, but I'll get solid information.

Ok, time for me to eat some crow here.

First, I looked at the OS numbers incorrectly, and there is a different OS in my Z06 vs. the 2002 OS we put into the Silverado.

Second, connected to the 2000 Silverado today and IPW banks 1 and 2 available. I could swear that only bank 1 was available with the 2000 OS, but I won't swear to that.

Third, when connected to the Silverado I do have the VE lookup where as my Z06 I do not. Curious difference.

Also, I do not find a MAT PID in the list even when I uncheck the supported box. Is that an availabe PID in EFI that I'm missing some place?

Even still, with, or so I assume, similar hardware would the differences in PID availability be software driven or hardware driven?

Sorry for the barrage of dumb questions again.

The VETABLE_DMA pid is dependent on the scantool software...

what build version are you using...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The VETABLE_DMA pid is dependent on the scantool software...

what build version are you using...?
    The latest non-beta. I can't recall the build number off the top of my head, but I checked for updates and there were none.

How do I go about requesting an existing PID be enabled for a certain platform?

Lifetime Member

you ask Paul and Ross nicely, promise them that I'm gonna do some good experiements on it. Which is actually true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast