Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom OS

Default Custom OS

Any way to REMOVE a COS? Besides flashing over with a stock file. I wanna remove the COS from an existing file.

TIA

If you are just trying to use the calibrations from the COS in a standard OS. Open a standard compatible OS, open the COS as a comparison & update the differences. The tables with different axis like B3605 to B3647 will need to be set up individually but most of the hard work will be done for you using this method.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    If you are just trying to use the calibrations from the COS in a standard OS. Open a standard compatible OS, open the COS as a comparison & update the differences. The tables with different axis like B3605 to B3647 will need to be set up individually but most of the hard work will be done for you using this method.
    Tried that.

Problem I'm having is a PCM swap in a Vette. Seems the security doesn't want to work right. I have to set the security to 'none' for it to start. The base file I'm using is a 03 Vette. Don't know the OS or BCC off hand, but I do know the BCC is different than the COS tune that came out of it.

Tried the VATS relink too. Didn't work. Have to set the security to 'none'.

So, you have removed a PCM with a COS installed from the vehicle. And replaced it with a PCM with a standard OS & now the VATS wont work?
    What year Vette?
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    So, you have removed a PCM with a COS installed from the vehicle. And replaced it with a PCM with a standard OS & now the VATS wont work?
    What year Vette?
    03 Vette. Yes, correct VATS won't work. I've used an 03 base file for the new computer.

If I do a compare, they have different BC codes. They obviously have different OS numbers. The car will run with VATS set to none, but I have a security light on, and certain things in the interior don't work.

I want to install the original tune, but without the COS. There's no need for it. It's a mild H/C car.

What other codes does the vehicle have in other modules? You may have a basic security problem with the car and it isn't PCM related.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    What other codes does the vehicle have in other modules? You may have a basic security problem with the car and it isn't PCM related.
    Al
    With the VATs turned off, it has no codes. With it on, it only has a fuel cut off signal not correct code.

Ed, when you read the tune out of the problematic pcm with the scantool does the VIN match the tune you are working with? Have you tried changing/updating the VIN with the scantool? I've had a few vettes that had weird bcm/pcm related things that ended up being this type problem.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Im not sure why your trying to get rid of the COS. I use them all the time and run all my own cars with COS even if they just have bolt ons. I like all the added features they add.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Ed, when you read the tune out of the problematic pcm with the scantool does the VIN match the tune you are working with? Have you tried changing/updating the VIN with the scantool? I've had a few vettes that had weird bcm/pcm related things that ended up being this type problem.
    Yep, VINs match. Only difference I can see is the BCC and OS of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast