Thread: LMM DSP questions / Power questions

Default LMM DSP questions / Power questions

Ok so, I am very new to the diesel truck world. I've only owned this truck about a week.. Did not really beat on her much at all. Just put in a MBRP Turbo Outlet Pipe, MBRP 4" Turbo back and the EFi Live DSP 5 setup. It is a LMM 2007.5 Crew Cab. Anyways, We installed all the parts, and uploaded the map, on version RC4. Everything seemed to go smooth, truck started up, worked well, no Check Engine codes. Drove it around for 100 miles, first i noticed the shifting was very delayed, almost like the truck was hitting almost 3500 rpms and sitting up there about 2 seconds while it engaged the shift. People said the Tranny needs to relearn. So i just drove it for the 100 miles, it seemed to get better.

So all is well for the most part, i put the truck on the 110hp map. Then i went to my buddy who has a 2006 3500 dually. He has just a flash in his truck at 120hp and thats it. No exhaust or anything. When he hits his gas he can lay a stretch down the block.

When i floor my truck my tires never even spin the whole time. he said it almost feels like the truck is on a stock tune with full exhaust. now my problem is i dont know how to tell if the DSP 5 is selecting different maps, or whats engaged. I am soo new to the software i was trying to figure things out and i was just lost. So the truck drives fine, no codes or anything just doesnt feel like its making alot of power. To me it does but to him he thinks it should be alot faster.

Mark

There is a scantool PID that will show you what Tune is selected in the ECM.
    It's the key to knowing what is going on, if it never changes when you switch then something isn't right.
    Did you do a full flash of the truck to put the DSP tune in initially? About a 10minute or so reflash time.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hey Welcome to the forum I would have to say listen to ross. What I would do is reload all of the programs on and another quick question is do you own the efi of your friend?
    James AKA FREIGHTTRAIN

2008 gmc 2500
    38' toyos 22' rockstars 7' bds lift
    efi live, propane, water meth, intake, stright pipe, studs the rest is top secret

i own the EFilive.. my buddy just has a flasher, with no exhaust or anything.. Just flashed it and ran like a +100 setup. I will do what ross said and look threw the pids for what map is selected.

Yes when i did the upload it was like 11 minutes for the tunes to be uploaded. I had my buddy do the switch who wires harnesses and stuff so we were confident it was done right. but ill have to double check. If the switch isnt working can i select a different map or i have to get the switch working

Mark

I am having the same problem, but i can tell my tunes are changing because i have a lope tune, a tow with turbine brake, and they work but on 110hp the truck just doesn't lay down like i think it should. When i flashed my os to a dsp 5 i already ran the script with my 5 tunes before i flashed the ecm should you only flash your stock tune with dsp 5 os and then go back and do a calibration only and load the 5 tunes.

Lifetime Member

I'm having the same issue but I basically just took a 110hp off a dsp5 tune and adapted it to stock tune. It runs really good but comeing from the start it's a dog. 07.5LMM. I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with the truck or not. My LB7 will lay some rubber down and thats less horsepower.

The problem I was having is that I didn't put my stock tune in imperial units before I ran the script. My truck would take off with a bad hesitation then after 20mph it would gain power, but once I had everything in imperial units it ran great only other thing I did was bump up the pedal position to desired torque.

Lifetime Member

I'll double check on the units and stuff and make sure it's all the same. I have a dsp5 tune for my friends 08 LMM so I just copied and pasted the different table from the 110hp tune into my stock tune. They have the same OS so all the table should be the same. I'll have to double check on that.

Pedal position to desired torque can play a big factor if you want to lay rubber with a tune. Increase the lower rpm range to call for more torque --->>> more burnt rubber lol. Use with caution though. Too much torque too early kills transmissions. If you haven't messed with the max torque table for pedal position (can't recall what it's called) then you should be fine. Let me know!