Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adaptive Learning

The 40 may be an error or it may be for a reason, but it is possible to get rid of that 2-3 flare by changing the tune calibration. Changing that 40 is one of the things that i do. But many other things are done as well and i think it can get absorbed and fixed by the learning. My TT 6L doesnt flare anymore 2-3
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by oztracktuning View Post
    The 40 may be an error or it may be for a reason, but it is possible to get rid of that 2-3 flare by changing the tune calibration. Changing that 40 is one of the things that i do. But many other things are done as well and i think it can get absorbed and fixed by the learning. My TT 6L doesnt flare anymore 2-3
    Not an error. Every single 6L80E I have ever tuned has the same 2-3 adaptive at 40. Every G8 GT, G8 GXP, 2010 Camaro, Yukon Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac XLR-V, Corvette, and Silverado I've tuned has it stock at 40. Very strange. I'll open it up and see if it helps with the pressure and shift timing changes I've made for the 2-3 shift.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 heads/cam/boost coming
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Vararam, EFI Live tuned, Cruising in 4 cylinder mode, hauling on 8.
    2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE Mods list, Idle Sound Clip, WOT video, 183.092mph video
    2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L K&N FIPK, variable valve timing tuned to the max w/EFI Live.

Thats even more the reason it could be an error. They probably just transfer previous settings into any newer calibrations and things like that never change. But on the other hand it could be there for a reason.
    Oztrack

www.oztrack.com.au

It can't be an error, some enterprising engineer at GM Powertrain would have picked it up by now...

You are probably right , however there are errors made and left. eg have a look at the high octane table in any LS3 tune, there are errors in it.
    Oztrack

www.oztrack.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It can't be an error, some enterprising engineer at GM Powertrain would have picked it up by now...
    I assume your being sarcastic?

I flash updated calibrations into various on board modules every single day at work because of enterprising engineers f!@K ups. Ha Ha (no offence intended to anyone)

ECM, TCM, PCM, BCM, CIM, RFA, REC, RSE, SRS, ABS, EBCM, HVAC, IRC, IPC....you name it, they'll f!@k it!

Having said that, engineers at holden have told service managers back in April 2009 that the intermittent 2-3 shift flare and subsequent thump on following gear change is due to faulty hardware inside the box. Hardware changes were made and vehicles built after March 2009 should not be affected.
    Unfortunately dealerships are NOT allowed to simply replace transmissions on earlier vehicles for this complaint as holden is still trying to find the most cost effective solution(cheapest way out of the shit).

I hope they are wrong again (early on there were TCM calibration updates and various other excuses as to what causes this problem).

I'll try changing D9264 and see what happens.

Yes, I was being sarcastic...

You left out SDM...

Thanks guys, you've given me a better understanding and that's exactly what I was looking for.

From what I have read the adaptive learning also keeps the shift firmness the same from new to 100,000 miles, adjusting volume and pressure to maintain the programmed shift times. I don't think there is any advantage to turning it off.

I have also adjusted the 2>3 shift volume to 200 getting a better 2>3 shift.

If you adjust the shift times to tight you will get a DTC indicating pour shift performance or desired performance could not be achievced...because the solinoids or the fluid flow could not achieve the desired time

digging up a slightly old thread, but can anyone explain to me the difference in the dvt controlls for the t43 in regards to:

Adapts Reset vs Adapts Preset
    Fast Reset vs Fast Learn

i did the top 2 before i left work today and my shifts went to shit, it only got better as i got home. roughly 50km's of driving.

good point so far is i have noticed the flare between 2nd-3rd is almost gone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast