Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error $0281....no data received

Default Error $0281....no data received

Ok, I have had the program for a while and have been playing around with it logging via the laptop and learning the ins and outs of logging, reading them and setting all the dashdoards, pids and maps. I never tried to BBL until yesterday. So I down loaded all the latest stuff for RC4 then attempt to log. Get the error code $0281, but can still log via laptop.

Of course, I figured I screwed something up. Since I don't really have any tunes or anything really saved, I uninstalled everything and installed RC5. Set everything up as before and still get the error code $0281. I know I am missing something simple but just can not get it.

I have checked and the boot blocker and fireware did upgrade to the latest release...

Thanks in advance,
    Darrin

Lifetime Member

Have you opened EFILive Scan and Tune then opened BlackBox Settings then selected your engine controller(s)? Then select PIDs and press the program button.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yes, I configured it and then programed my selected PID's.

What are the build numbers your the scantool/tunetool and on S&T/EE...? Are you at build 107 and 87...?

What is your V2 firmware version...? Is it 2.6.28...?

After flashing that firmware, did you format the [Config] and the two [Data] spaces...?

Did you program in the Settings.dat and Options.txt files...?

Joecar,

I completely unload all the EFI files and then reload from the RC5 thread. I then double checked the builds and firmware versions with the RC5 thread. I am away from the computer now but if those are the lateest versions then yes.

Ok, I made Paul aware of your situation... from yesterday's beta testing he may (maybe) have more code in a day or two.

I don't think its a problem with the RC5 stuff. That why I made a new thread. I was having the same problem before the upgrade from RC4.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Which vehicle (i.e. which controller) are you attempting to log data from?

If you select an option that has a separate ECM and TCM (i.e. E38+T43) but you have a manual vehicle (i.e. if one of the controllers does not exist), then you will get a $0281 error. That is because FlashScan does not receive any data from the non-existent trans controller.

If that is the case, then either edit the setting to remove the trans controller or make a new entry with only the ECM specified.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I knew it was something easy that I just did not know about. Your example was spot on. I have 08 Vette with E38 and manual transmission. Now the question is how do I go about editing making the changes, making new entry?

Go into the Scan&Tune software (S&T), select Black Box Settings, select the Scan tab, and for each pidlist (in the blue area in the upper left) do rightclick->properties and set the first controller to E38 and the second controller to none.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&T BBS PL.png 
Views:	884 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	7275  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast