Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tuning Tutorial: WeathermanShawn

To find the pids CALC.VE_Table and CALC.LTFTBEN, click on the column heading System (this sorts on this column) and then scroll down until you see Tuning in the System column.

Hmmm... in the map you have to make sure to specify the CALC.VE_Table pid with the % units.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    To find the pids CALC.VE_Table and CALC.LTFTBEN, click on the column heading System (this sorts on this column) and then scroll down until you see Tuning in the System column.

Hmmm... in the map you have to make sure to specify the CALC.VE_Table pid with the % units.
    I will double check when I get home tonight. When selecting a PID I usually search by system. Speaking of pids, there were a couple in the tutorial listed under the wrong system.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Yesterday I tried this method yesterday when retuning a friend's 00 M6 WS6 with a small cam and FAST 92mm because we installed bigger injectors.
    how do different injectors change the breathing characteristics of the engine?

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Thanks DrkPhx:

Thanks for double-checking. Appreciate the feedback. We will check the Tutorial PID selection, and see if we can clarify any of the PID definitions etc.

Like you, I find working with LTFTBENS practical and 'easy'. Everything mentioned so far is comparable to 'early testing'. We thank you for having a good attitude and helping us refine the method. Even if one inadvertently uses the 'older' CALC.VE Pid, it is easily worked around.

Thanks for contributing to the Tuning community.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra View Post
    how do different injectors change the breathing characteristics of the engine?
    Ehh? The previous tune was with the stock injectors and flow rate, so we switched injectors and adjusted the IFR accordingly.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Ehh? The previous tune was with the stock injectors and flow rate, so we switched injectors and adjusted the IFR accordingly.
    yes, but you sounded like you're adjusting MAF/VE to make up for changes in fuel flow.

Joe and Shawn,

Thanks for the help with the PID's. It appears that I had just added to the end of the existing file father then replacing the whole file. Removed the double parts of the file and now they show up..

Darrin

Thanks Darrin:

Let us know how it goes.

DrkPhx, if you need a second opinion of the Injector Flow Rate, we have several people who can look at that. A lot of the research on air mass etc., has been centered on open-loop and on a load-bearing dyno. Sounds like you know what you are doing.

For purposes of this Tutorial, it is the application of LTFTBENS in Closed-Loop that is pertinent. If the formula or method needs tweaking, your feedback along with others is important.

Since I have my tune down, I will try various iterations of B0120 Thresholds, and differing stock VE Tables to see how they influence LTFTBENS. I finally have a few solid ideas of how to 'control' the experiment, and like you I had to wait until the weather clears. The 'beauty' of Trims is that eventually the tune becomes self-correcting, but it is important to know how that process works.

Thanks again.
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

What Marcin is trying to say is if the tune was right with the old injectors, fitting larger injectors should only need the injector tables modified. Not a complete retune of the airmass tables. This would obviously come from the assumption that the old tune was correct, which DrkPhx has not stated so IMHO is not really relevant to this discussion.
    If the old tune was correct though, this opens a different can of worms that will need correcting before continuing.
    Back on topic. It would be good to see some before & after tune & log files from those taking part in the validation process. This will give not only some extra eyes to ensure that the process is being followed, but will also help someone new to the method follow in the process with practical examples.
    The Tremor at AIR

I agree.

The more validation the better. Especially with Injector flow. I am sure in the next year I will probably be adding 'more' injector..Want to make sure to get it right. Its adds an additional challenge when tuning.

Good point 5.7ute!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast