Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Storm In 100 Years Hits Melbourne

I hope your car was under cover and safe...

We had hail pass 5km North of town last year that stripped a swathe 80km long and a couple of km wide. Closest we have had to a white Christmas ever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hail3.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	7293  
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I hope your car was under cover and safe...
    Click on the image in the first post, it goes to my Flickr set that shows the cars......

My car has at least 96 dents in it

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Click on the image in the first post, it goes to my Flickr set that shows the cars......

My car has at least 96 dents in it
    Sorry to hear your car got damaged. I expect there will be a huge hit to the insurance companies after this.
    The Tremor at AIR

Massive...... While we got away with just car damage and a small amount on the house, many others had their roof seriously damaged. Lots of ceilings collapsed, sky lights destroyed etc. Ferntree Gully Nissan nearly got wiped out, all their cars were damaged. I haven't heard about FTG Holden, but they are next door.

Sad to see... ouch...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    In 1966 (IIRC... I was 4 yo) Sydney got a hailstorm that "snowed-in" the inner suburbs... the stones were only marble sized... and laid about 1 foot deep.
    It actually did this in Sydney only 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe I can find the pics. It went white. Just like 'The Day After" I think it was (but not quite as bad), the air took an an alpine chill in the blink of an eye. Not in winter.

Around that time we also had a mini tornado right in Sydney's inner west. Very localised. Next door neighbours had their sliding front windows ripped out of the tracks blown in onto their bed an internal door with the lock ripped out of it and a number or tiles and ridge caps learnt how to fly. Many large local trees were just ripped in half and fibro garages were totalled.

Funny was reading this post and we got some hail as I was reading it (nothing like in the picture) , weatherman said the storms would be East of us today , guess they missed that one , as usual . :-)
    Had a truck that got beat up pretty bad a few years ago , can sympathize with you .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I was away in the US when this storm hit, I always miss out on the 'fun' , looking around our place, looks like it missed us, no obvious damage.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I was at in-laws in Wantirna South when the storm hit. Rushed out and put rubber foam boards (boggy boards) on the mother-in-laws car roof, felt guilty as all our good furniture was in their garage while we are building. No damage to missus car or in-law's. Although a few broken tiles on the roof. Freaky day.

Sorry to hear about your trouble's swingtan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12