Thread: Extended MAF?

Lifetime Member

Default Extended MAF?

Saw this over on LS1Tech - something that is done with HPT's.

"By cutting the MAF table in half and using a LS3 Sensor in a 4" Tube you QUADRUPLE the MAF limit. With the HP Tuner extended Hz Range hack you cannot peg the maf until 15000 + Hz. Which means you can control the entire fueling of the car with the MAF table. Very similar to FORD Tuning. "

Is this already in EFILive? Is this only able to do this on a E38/E68 ECM?

Lifetime Member

What Grams/s are you trying to achieve? My 08 E67 TBSS stock MAF table goes from -1 - 3000 Grams/s and from 0 - 15000 Hz.

Are you trying to overcome the 512 Grams/s limit the early E38/E67s had?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

I don't necessarily have a limit on my car (using COS and LS1 PCM). Just thinking about another project car using the newer ECM's. I have done some reading on the LS3 MAF sensor and with the blade type setup some guys are putting them into different larger tubes. I know this is "not correct" but from a performance stand point, "might" be useful if one were trying to keep a MAF into boosted land.

I did start to open up a few more tunes and noticed what you mean by the earlier limits of 512 Grams/sec. Is there a patch to "extend the range" on these ECM's?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    I don't necessarily have a limit on my car (using COS and LS1 PCM). Just thinking about another project car using the newer ECM's. I have done some reading on the LS3 MAF sensor and with the blade type setup some guys are putting them into different larger tubes. I know this is "not correct" but from a performance stand point, "might" be useful if one were trying to keep a MAF into boosted land.

I did start to open up a few more tunes and noticed what you mean by the earlier limits of 512 Grams/sec. Is there a patch to "extend the range" on these ECM's?
    Ah I see. I dont believe there is a patch to extend the range on the early E38/E67s. I think EFILive looked at it a while back when people were first running into this issue, but I believe it wasnt pursued (Not sure of EFILive's reasons. I would assume because you could just go SD and bypass the issue plus the later ECMs do not have this problem).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.