Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Log fuel pressure with Autometer sensor?

How about a list of pins or PIDs that I could use for the PCM? Which ones would I be able to log just like the EGR way?

That would use up a channel needlessly.
    The blue connector has the exact same pin assignments for the 516k and 1mb PCM,
    the green connector (1mb) has nearly the same pin assignments as the red (516k).
    I'm not sure if the EGR signal could be logged with the 1mb PCM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Since your PCM and calibration don't exactly match the tutorial, I'd look at bringing the FP thru one of V2's analog inputs. If you're hell bent on coming in thru the PCM, you'll need to identify an unused input, or an input you can live without, and a way to access that input thru your calibration.

As for splitting the signal, you should look into a 0-5vdc splitter/isolator. We use these frequently at work on 4-20mA devices. Cheap insurance to avoid equipment damage and/or signal loss.

TAQuickness - Could you give me an example of what I need to split the signal? If you use them at work, you know a lot more than I do about them.

As for going through the PCM, I have 'Fuel Rail Pressure (Gauge)' but it is X'ed out. I was also thinking I could use the oil pressure sensor wiring because I am using a mechanical gauge for monitoring that anyways. I just dont know if I can log it which is why Im asking for help .

Another thing I cannot find is the adaptor from -4an to 1/8" NPT....?

Samh 08, another option is the aircon pressure sensor voltage wiring & pid. Unless you use the aircon that is.
    I dont believe you will be able to use the oil pressure wiring as the PCM still uses this data for engine protection.
    The Tremor at AIR

Good idea. I dont use the A/C, at least not yet. Would the A/C PID report the same as the EGR one does in the tutorial?

As for the oil pressure, I attached a screen shot of my available PIDs. I know the oil pressure PID is scanned in volts, but Im curious if I can make a custom PID that converts that to PSI for me..?

You would just log the pid in Volts from whatever input you were using, then modify the calc pid to use that input instead of GM.EGRS
    *CLC-00-001
    PSI 0.00 100.00 .2 "({your input}*25)-12.5"

There is a calc pid somewhere for the oil pressure voltage into PSI/kpa, If I cant find it I will post up mine.
    The Tremor at AIR

Here it is
    *CLC-00-210
    psi 0.0 100.0 0.1 "{GM.EOPS} * 32 - 16"
    kPa 0.0 700.0 0.1 "{GM.EOPS} * 220.6 - 110.3"
    The Tremor at AIR

Perfect! Thanks for your time.

Now if I could only find a -4an to 1/8" NPT adapter..? Im surprised Summit doesn't have such a thing.

P.S. - I was looking at your sig about your exhaust..What did you change in your exhaust system that gave you that difference in HP?

I handbuilt the section between the Headers & exhaust from 3" mandrel bends.(still using the same 3" SS cats as before & 1 3/4 headers) And upgraded the rest of the exhaust with a 3" X force system. It used to have a 2 1/2" system with a crap press bent section between the headers & tailpipes. FWIW the car made around 10rwhp more with the 3" exhaust compared to none at all.
    I also had difficulty finding a -4 to 1/8 adaptor. I ended up going to a hydraulic shop & found one with a 90 deg elbow swivel & have used that since.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast