Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Persistent security light

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    If that does not work try full flashing a different OS, maybe a 2003 or 2004 in while the truck is running, more than likely it causes a stall condition.

Then re-install the 2001 OS.
    After doing this, the light went out. Success.

Thanks for the help guys,

Nick

GOOD !!!

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I am having the exact same issue with an 02 LB7. The truck will not respond to any of these methods to try and remove that light. I tried full flashing with a running truck but it just kicks the V2 out (I am guessing something was changed in the new updates to keep people from accidently flashing with the engine running). I tried everything in this thread (Vats Relearn, disabling it, turning it back on and doing the old school vats relearn). It happened when I changed from the buggy 6853OS to the 6006OS. I am at a loss as to how to get the light off, it is on a customers truck who is faced to stare at it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mitch

Mitch, you can't flash with the truck running, that's not an EFILive thing, it's a GM thing, it's always been that way, the ECM won't let you.
    With the LB7 security issue, what is the history behind how it's got this way?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I had the truck come to me completely stock with the 6853OS, I read it out of the truck to confirm that it was stock. I had issues with the 6853 a while ago so I proceeded to take a tune of the tune file depot to flash the truck. I converted it to a dsp5 and populated the tables like I have done many many times. I proceeded to flash the truck and everything went great (flashed using EFI live V8). The truck started and ran otherwise awesome except the security light kept blinking while we went for a test drive. About halfway through the drive (10 mins in or so) the blinking light went solid. I tried to do a vats relearn as well as reprogram the VIN into the truck. I got no errors and everything otherwise seemed to be fine, however everytime from then on the security light would come on and stay on regardless of what I did. I also tried to flash with the V7.5 thinking this may be the issue with no luck. I did talk to nick and he suggested trying an OS other than the 6006. I am going to meet with the customer tomorrow to try that. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

mitch

Can you perhaps please re-read the tune that is in there now and make sure the VIN still looks valid, if not then that would indicate that portion of the ECM has been corrupted (the VATS codes are stored there too).
    The LB7 ECM is a touchy beast, a similar thing happens when they are flashed with TechII, but as for the solution I am not sure.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will do that tomorrow and let you know. I will also flash back in the original tune that the ECM had and see what that yields me.

Thanks,

Mitch

So I met up with the customer again. I read out the tune and the vin was as it should be, nothing looked out of place or otherwise wrong. I tried flashing in the 9044OS and the truck would start but again the light would stay on. I also tried returning to his original OS but the security light stayed on and this time the change oil level indicator would blink as well. I put the 6006 back in it and gave the truck back to him.

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,

Mitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12