Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persistent security light

Default Persistent security light

'01 LB7 running 15094441 operating system on my roadrunner, cannot get the security light to go out.

Theft parameters are all disabled/zeroed.

Have done the rr reset sequence with no luck.

Any ideas?

Nick

you have to do a "HARD RESET"

start the truck, have it running, toggle between the emulation icon and the flash icon, truck will stall.

key it off and then start it up again once you toggle back to the emulation icon again.

it should go out.

LB7 RR's do not have a flash chip.

I have had one for over 4 years and it sometimes will do that on different trucks.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    you have to do a "HARD RESET"

start the truck, have it running, toggle between the emulation icon and the flash icon, truck will stall.

key it off and then start it up again once you toggle back to the emulation icon again.
    Followed these instructions several times with no luck. Truck did shut off in the process, and my oil life went to zero, but the security light is still full-on while driving.

I also tried this method with no success:

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    did you try a hard re-set?

1) Connect the Roadrunner, and turn the vehicle ignition on or power the PCM on the bench. The PCM must be powered up for this to be effective.

2) Open up the software, and get the EFI Live Roadrunner Control Panel. Make sure the Roadrunner serial number is being displayed.

3) Upload the whole new Operating System and Calibration from the PC *.tun file to the Roadrunner device.

4) Select the "Execute from PCM Flash Memory (if equipped)" option (two chips with arrows in between). This will turn the Roadrunner emulation 'off' in order to blank out the PCM RAM when the memory read faults. The software should display 'Flash' as the mode of operation.

5) Re-select the button, this time selecting the 'Emulation' mode of operation.

6) Turn the key or power to the PCM off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on.

7) If you like, at this point you can open the EFI Live ScanTool software (make sure cable is connected and vehicle is on). You will probably want to scan for codes and DTCs, and clear them all as appropriate.

8) Start the vehicle briefly (1-2 seconds) and then shut power back off. This is primarily to reset the idle relearn, so it typically not an issue with the drive-by-wire configurations.

9) You should now be able to restart the PCM and vehicle, and things should work as expected if you are using a valid *.tun file.

The truck starts, runs and drives fine. All roadrunner functions appear to work.

Any more ideas?

Nick

Maybe the truck has a security problem? Does the security light go out with the stock ECM? You can always ignore it.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Have you tried a VATS re-link?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Have you tried a VATS re-link?
    I have explored that option, but I'm not able to access the ECM through the OBD2 port, I get a message saying the ECM is secured with a custom key (have tried Alt Keys). I don't know if Moates uses a custom key or if this error is related to nature of the RR.

Nick

That's right some of the OBDII options are limited with the RR.
    The VIN and BCC match right?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

This may work,

Do not connect to the road runner with the USB, leave it not-connected.

Open the scan tool, connect to the road runner with the scan tool, use the chip icon to see what the VIN# is, RE-VIN the RR via the OBDII connection.

Then reset the oil life to 100%.

If that does not work try full flashing a different OS, maybe a 2003 or 2004 in while the truck is running, more than likely it causes a stall condition.

Then re-install the 2001 OS.

I have had to be creative over the years to get the security light off, usually a power interruption does it.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast