Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSA 4L60e combo

Default LSA 4L60e combo

We're working with a guy who has a complete LSA engine, and a "built" 4L60e. He's referring to it as a 4L65e but upon closer inspection it doesn't have the ISS, so It's a beefed up 4L60e as far as electronics go. Anyway, after doing our best to convince him the 6L90e would be better, or even a 4L80e he is set on using this "built" 4L60e so that is what we are going to wire for.

My question is what hardware and operating system would be best for this? Is there a combination of t42 OS that an LSA e67 ecm would be happy with? I see some people running 4 speed autos behind LSAs with an e38 but that just seems like a few too many steps backwards. Also, I think they might actually be 15 pin 4L65es.

I'm thinking maybe there's some combination of 2009 hardware and software that might work? The end of the e67 tbss with a 4 speed and the beginning of the LSA...just brainstorming.

I've seen all kinds of info both ways elsewhere on the internet. Hoping for some clarity here from someone who has actually gone through this and knows what they're doing. Thanks.

Anybody? I'm all for trial and error but it we build a harness for an e67 and an e38 would work better I would hate to have to backtrack that far. Any thoughts?

My opinion is that 6L90 behind LSA is the way to go...

might need some upgrade parts in the 6L90.

Lifetime Member

If really wanna go 4L , troublefree will be E38 with matching t42 OS, you can try and wire E67, use a connector to share CAN signal, 12v, ignition,etc to the T42 harness, this way you can easily upgrade to 6L90e, owner will wanna upgrade later, with LSA base tune, try to use a closest year t42, it might talk each other ok, it might not. havent tried..

Thanks guys. I've never taken an e38 OS that was originally for NA and reconfigured it for boost, but is that what I would be doing here I guess?

Off the top of my head we've done a few LS3/4L80es using a 2008 Vette file and pairing it with the van t42, then tuning from there. Should that be our approach on this?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by LS-SWAPPER View Post
    Thanks guys. I've never taken an e38 OS that was originally for NA and reconfigured it for boost, but is that what I would be doing here I guess?

Off the top of my head we've done a few LS3/4L80es using a 2008 Vette file and pairing it with the van t42, then tuning from there. Should that be our approach on this?
    I can suggest this:

Do the harness for the E67 ECM, incorporate a connector that will share 12v,ignition,brake signal, can bus, etc, to the T42 harnesss, this way you can update later to 6L90 easier if needed, if the LSA OS doesnt talk OK with the T42, then you can flash a Colorado V8 Calibration, this way no need to build another harness, only changue calibration, whats the powa goals?

Power goals are stock LSA...but feeding that through the 4L60/65e no matter how built is a ticking time bomb in my mind. Granted GM performance offers a harness and ecm setup to do it, but still. Makes me nervous. We might have at least gotten him talked into getting a 4L80e. Physical trans size is an issue for this swap.

From out in internet land...

"Custom OS is available for E38's"

then another guy

"The E38 doesn't have the outputs to operate a solenoid for boost so far as I know..."

I'm normally a hands on guy, I do what is needed and learn along the way. However on this one I feel the need to ask for guidance. Gotta get the foundation right, don't want to back track forever if we don't have to. Admittedly, forced induction is not my strong suit. We've dealt with some stock LSA's but thats just it, always stock engine, trans and e67. Thanks for the help.

Lifetime Member

-E38 will work great with boost too. If you will be using provided 4L60E, use 2012 Truck cal, match both controllers Base calibrations, update injectors calibration,maf cal, Map sensor cal, and start from there. Post the base tune when you decide wich way you choose and ill try to help, have done couple of times, currently my truck is runing with 2012 ZL1 ECM, and 6l90e trans, but my engine is a 08 5.3L with mp112 SC, im not using the boost control solenoid. In your case if using E38, just remove the solenoid and connect the Bypass Hose as normal.

Not sure if this will work but here is a stock LSA with the transmission type configured for 4L60E.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 4L60E LSA 6.2 Litre (12632176).ctz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast