Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 Flex Fuel: On the fly timing and fueling - anyone interested?

Ahh, YES! I had thought about doing something like this a while back but never bothered to really get into it. It's a very good way to adjust things on the fly and as it's pretty easy to make a small square wave generator from an NE-555 timer. I might have a go at this if the car gets repaired and not written off..... :p

Thanks for the info.

Simon

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post

I might have a go at this if the car gets repaired and not written off..... :p

Thanks for the info.

Simon
    Oh dear! Everyone ok? Or was it that "very hard/heavy" rain you had down there on the weekend?
    Last edited by gmh308; March 9th, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

It was the weather. There is a thread in the Lounge with pics of the massive hailstones!!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

yes, every one is OK. I saw the size of the hail and instantly knew the cars were going to get damaged. I thought once about putting on a hat and heavy coat, but then figured there was not too much that was going to protect all of me and by the time I get "suited up" the damage would have been done.

Simon

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    Very cool indeed. So anything maybe on the E67? I know its not Pin 40 on the body connector (J1/X1/C1). Was this found out by accident or was someone in the Know?
    Al
    Well I had that question coming didnt I!

Dont have a stray license to blow on testing an E67 to check it out at present but it will most likely be one of these pins:

C1 - 5,32,43 or 50
    C2 - 26 ???
    C3 - 1,2,17,40,41,42,43,54 or 64

At least on an 09 CTS-V cal.

The pin # was the result of a serious search for it based on the assumption that it was there and hope that it was not just "holy grail". And after I found it I was in the know .

Did ask a few people that might have been in the know about this and they weren't in the know. Also searched through a lot of different GM schematics and they didnt know either . So some sleuthing solved the puzzle.

Cheers.

Lifetime Member

yes, every one is OK. I saw the size of the hail and instantly knew the cars were going to get damaged. I thought once about putting on a hat and heavy coat, but then figured there was not too much that was going to protect all of me and by the time I get "suited up" the damage would have been done.

Simon
    Wise decision to stay out of the cross fire.

Ian

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't sure after chatting to you about it weather or not you would share it,pretty clever you have it working. I think its worth a sticky, your write up looks to be written by an engineering lecturer lol, Simon might pdf it Cheers mate this will work good using NOS too

Joel

Ahh, YES! I had thought about doing something like this a while back but never bothered to really get into it. It's a very good way to adjust things on the fly and as it's pretty easy to make a small square wave generator from an NE-555 timer. I might have a go at this if the car gets repaired and not written off..... :p

Thanks for the info.

Simon
    I think I recall when we were having a conversation about this a couple of years ago but for using it to send a dedicated X hz signal to simulate Ethanol and use the tables for LPG.

Now EFILive has the custom os is makes things alot easier

Biggest advantage with ians setup is adjusting fuel on the fly and getting mbt on the fly then go back and make permanent adjustment.

Ian says he was able to dial in and out timing till knock which is pretty handy, No road runner but its good as its done with a dial d4s tech at its best

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB View Post
    I think I recall when we were having a conversation about this a couple of years ago but for using it to send a dedicated X hz signal to simulate Ethanol and use the tables for LPG.

Now EFILive has the custom os is makes things alot easier
    That was it!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast