Thread: Not connection to E67 ECM

Default Not connection to E67 ECM

Hi Guys, I bought a front damaged 08 Cadillac STS-V, the main harness at the bottom of the cross member was slightly damaged ( about 15 wires, which I connected already ). The car was not majrly damaged, just had to replace the front lower chassis and a few pipes I have replaced all the damaged parts now and am trying to start the car. When I try to start the car, all the lights click off and after about 20 seconds, all the codes start showing on the display, air bag, etc, also it display "shift to Park".

I tried to check the ECM status but I am unable to connect to the ECM, using the EFILive V2 scanner. I have a little research on the diffrent forums but cannot seem to find the answer why I am not able to connect to the ECM. When I run the Scanned, I cannot read the VIN number or other information from the Data Link. I tried to connect using the EFIScan and it comes back with unable to find ECM, BCM, TCM. I am selecting the correct ECM for the car, E67 but am not able to connect. I have verified the continuity of the wires from the ECM to the Fuse Box, as far as I could to make sure that the wires are all connected.

Even if the ECM was bad, shouldnt the Scanner pickup the BCM or the TCM. The reason why I ask is that the error codes are being displayed on the display, like Shift to park, low on Washer fluid, etc.
    I jumped the starter and the fuel pump and the engine starts for about 2-4 seconds and them dies.

Any help on how I can analyze the problem.
    thanks
    Khali

When the wiring was damaged, the harness may have moved and pulled the wires (i.e. the wires may be damaged elsewhere along the harness)...

Check all the power/ground connections (do check for loaded voltage drop across all power and ground connections).

Thanks Joecar, i have downloaded all the ground connections diagram and will check all the connection.

If across any ground point there is a voltage of more than 0.2V while trying to crank, then that ground connection has high resistance.