Thread: I drove around 'the mountain'

Default I drove around 'the mountain'

Hi All,

For the Aussies (and Kiwi's) on here you will appreciate this. I just got back from Bathurst, home of the best road course track in the world. Best part was we got to drive around it (twice).
    There is supposedly speed cameras all over the circuit so you would be foolish to try to be a hero, still, even at the speed limit it's a thrill.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is a drive I have always wanted to do. I will have to find a way for work to send me down that way in the future.
    Joe, I believe the drivers were a major part of having that kink put in down conrod straight. The speeds they were hitting, plus a lack of real runoff if things went wrong was posing a huge risk.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Mt.Panorama is cool, even at "scenic drive" speeds...

Too bad some years ago they put the kink in 2/3 of the way down Con-Rod Straight...
    My fat fingers deleted my post so I retyped it...

The kink is deceptive, I can see why people run off there, it's a pretty tight turn.
    I thought the kink was a driver request too.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Joe, I believe the drivers were a major part of having that kink put in down conrod straight. The speeds they were hitting, plus a lack of real runoff if things went wrong was posing a huge risk.
    Yes, it was hard to aim for the narrow runoff road (the road to town).

Nice work Ross, one day I hope to do the same. If I ever get around to finishing my mock up SLR5000.