Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

Plug V2 into PC/laptop, then open the tune file, then patch shows up as table B9900 or higher (red folder at end of Engine section)..

Lifetime Member

It does work there is some tune setting if you're using sd tuning that needs adjusted also ,I have done a couple of them, one was at 3 shops before it was in my hands to get running so some times it more then turning off vats depending on your set up

2006 Cadillac 4.6L SC transplant into a sand buggy it needed the relay from pin 56 (start relay) to ignition or could have used a resistor. that was required to get the fuel injectors to have a signal, tried everything else in the thread. also tried switching G1220 to 12v and relay to gd and did not work.
    serv 12607782, OS 12614654
    Mark

ok guys I need some help I know I don't post much but I do read here a lot and it has gotten me to where I am now with tuning. However I am now at the point of pulling my hair out of my head. I have read every post on this thread 1 I don't c anyone using my OS #12636005 is what I have. I have a 2012 5.3 that I have installed in a jeep turns over but no start. no spark at all I have beat myself up trying everything under the sun y'all have posted and others have suggested. with no luck. any input is greatly appreciated.

Lifetime Member

Can you post your tune file you are using?
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

A Quick update and an FYI since i didn't find the issue in the forum search...
    I learned this past week that if your changing the OS, on top of disabling VATs, do each step separately.
    I did both together and could not get VATs to disable no mater how many times I tried to re-flash the change after the first OS download, I kept getting the TDS P0633 and it wouldn't "learn" the password.
    I then switched the OS to a 2010 calibration and then disabled VATs and re-downloaded, it worked fine.

Default Vats will not let engine start no matter what i've done to it.

2009 Holden VE driftbetch.ctz

Ive been reading about this for a long time now and through a lot of frustration still no luck, no start. I have trouble shooted for almost two months now and still coming up short so here I am asking for help... Could someone please take a look and lmk know what im doing wrong thank you

It's got to be something else, everything in your tune looks fine for allowing that engine to run in a conversion.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It's got to be something else, everything in your tune looks fine for allowing that engine to run in a conversion.
    Thanks for looking GMPX

Default Pullin my hair out.. ready to try 3rd gen or even carb'd!

Attachment 21394

Engine swap into an old nissan. Engine hasn't ran since it was rebuilt.

E38 computer 2009 OS compatible

11:1 compression

4.005" pistons

stock LS3 Camshaft

lz1 engine out of a truck, its 58x and has ls2 part number on the block, 243 heads etc. Had vvt, afm, deleted all that.

Custom stand alone harness brand new everything.

starter relay set to "not used" its also set up on a relay w/resistor just in case.

push button start, everything is on a relay. switched power for ignition etc. Brake switch on a relay.

grounds are good and solid. Two 4 ga chassis to engine grounds + grounds from the harness.

while cranking voltage goes down to about 10.8 is the lowest i've seen it, usually around 11 mostly. key on usually 13.4ish

LS2 intake manifold with ls2 33# injectors.

fuel pump is an aeromotive 355, -6AN to corvette fuel filter/regulator into the stock ls2 fuel rails. Pressure while cranking is 70psi

I'm getting spark and fuel. The engine almost starts, stumbles like its about to start and then immediately stops once it gets close to sounding like its starting..

Brand New : map sensor, O2 sensors, MAF IAT, ECT sensor, Cam sensor, Crank sensor, Oil pressure sensor.
    runs great on brake cleaner.
    Engine will not run, tried everything I could troubleshoot from searching, searching, searching, searching, and yes searching.... Some how still think its the VATS due to its behavior.
    Tried all sorts of VATS parameter combinations w/ no luck. the full flash patch etc. in all types of orders. IE stock tune.. adjust vats parameters then apply patch then FULL reflash: No luck. IE stock tune apply vats patch, adjust parameters. : no luck. ETC.. I've done this with adjusted IFR : No luck. I've tried different OS' within my compatibility.. I've thought about trying an older OS' but I don't want to damage my ECM so I haven't yet. Should I use an older OS in the ECM?

I'm at the point where I'm ready to get a lignenfelter kit and convert to gen 3 since I have an ecm and harness at my shop already. OR I just may carb it.. I would like to not do either one of those because I don't want to spend anymore money on this thing. unless its getting tuned.

Could someone please take a look and maybe steer me into the right direction.. Everyone has told me how easy these motors are and I feel the opposite about them right about now..

EFI live is up to date. I've messed with PIDS, I'm getting rpm, etc.

Name it i've prob tried it... Thanks to anyone who takes their time to help or review.

UPDATE** sorry its taken me so long to come back to this thread.. anyways all it needed was more fuel when it was cranking and it fired right up.. I couldn't find anyone to help me tune it with efi live so I ended up switching to another brand I'd rather not say since i like efilive..

Hope this happening helped someone.. Just in case you are scowering this thread troubleshooting impatiently over and over.. the patch works. efi live works.

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by WSNPerformance; January 13th, 2019 at 07:34 AM.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast