Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If I recall it was the 2009+ OS's that would shut off the injectors if the starter relay was not connected, when we added the cal to change the starter relay type it fixed that issue.
    I could see a more positive look in your eyes at the end of your mini Virtual VE table training session at PRI, mission accomplished, that alone justified your airfares
    I'm just going through my first VATS delete using a E38 ecu stand alone and I have ignition but no injection while cranking.
    Is it the G1220 setting on the factory "apply to 12 V" that causes this?
    We're using a independent starting system.
    Setting it to "Not used" will hopefully sort it.
    I'm trying to sort this remotely you see so its a bit painful

thanks,
    Mike in NZ
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Lifetime Member

Yes set that to not used and it should work.
    00 Silverado Z71, LQ9 w/ LS3 heads, BTR cam, Whipple 2.9@8#, 4l80E

Quote Originally Posted by WSNPerformance View Post
    Attachment 21394

Engine swap into an old nissan. Engine hasn't ran since it was rebuilt.

E38 computer 2009 OS compatible

11:1 compression

4.005" pistons

stock LS3 Camshaft

lz1 engine out of a truck, its 58x and has ls2 part number on the block, 243 heads etc. Had vvt, afm, deleted all that.

Custom stand alone harness brand new everything.

starter relay set to "not used" its also set up on a relay w/resistor just in case.

push button start, everything is on a relay. switched power for ignition etc. Brake switch on a relay.

grounds are good and solid. Two 4 ga chassis to engine grounds + grounds from the harness.

while cranking voltage goes down to about 10.8 is the lowest i've seen it, usually around 11 mostly. key on usually 13.4ish

LS2 intake manifold with ls2 33# injectors.

fuel pump is an aeromotive 355, -6AN to corvette fuel filter/regulator into the stock ls2 fuel rails. Pressure while cranking is 70psi

I'm getting spark and fuel. The engine almost starts, stumbles like its about to start and then immediately stops once it gets close to sounding like its starting..

Brand New : map sensor, O2 sensors, MAF IAT, ECT sensor, Cam sensor, Crank sensor, Oil pressure sensor.
    runs great on brake cleaner.
    Engine will not run, tried everything I could troubleshoot from searching, searching, searching, searching, and yes searching.... Some how still think its the VATS due to its behavior.
    Tried all sorts of VATS parameter combinations w/ no luck. the full flash patch etc. in all types of orders. IE stock tune.. adjust vats parameters then apply patch then FULL reflash: No luck. IE stock tune apply vats patch, adjust parameters. : no luck. ETC.. I've done this with adjusted IFR : No luck. I've tried different OS' within my compatibility.. I've thought about trying an older OS' but I don't want to damage my ECM so I haven't yet. Should I use an older OS in the ECM?

I'm at the point where I'm ready to get a lignenfelter kit and convert to gen 3 since I have an ecm and harness at my shop already. OR I just may carb it.. I would like to not do either one of those because I don't want to spend anymore money on this thing. unless its getting tuned.

Could someone please take a look and maybe steer me into the right direction.. Everyone has told me how easy these motors are and I feel the opposite about them right about now..

EFI live is up to date. I've messed with PIDS, I'm getting rpm, etc.

Name it i've prob tried it... Thanks to anyone who takes their time to help or review.
    Same

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    I'm just going through my first VATS delete using a E38 ecu stand alone and I have ignition but no injection while cranking.
    Is it the G1220 setting on the factory "apply to 12 V" that causes this?
    We're using a independent starting system.
    Setting it to "Not used" will hopefully sort it.
    I'm trying to sort this remotely you see so its a bit painful

thanks,
    Mike in NZ
    Thanks Mike for the G1220 setting!
    Fixed mine! I didn't realize it would effect me after playing with setting to use OEControls box that does start feature. Will troubleshoot more now that my car starts again.

I would like to know if remote start is possible on my 06 VE SS-V or is my OS to old or not compatible with it
    E38 PFI ECM
    OS 12612381 Rev. AA
    Bootblock 12605900
    Calibration ID 12612380
    I can post my factory tune file if required.

whats the difference between vats type 2 and 3?

I know this an old post but referenced by many I'm sure.
    The B9903 info is inadequate.
    Needs to say "do not open v7.5 tune until key is on.
    Nothing says "HOW" to get the software or where to find it. Is setting B9903 to "Applied" actually installs the patch??
    For us newbies, it would help if the "Full Flash" process was explained.

I'm finding this site very frustrating because even though there is al lot of info, it feels like the "experts" are expecting us newbies to know where all settings/parameters are. NOT!
    It's like setting up an app on your. someone takes your phone and makes adjustments or changes settings and says there-you-go.
    They did not show you anything so you have no idea what they did or how to change it.
    Maybe when explaining a setting/parameter; saying:
    open v7.5 tune
    open tuning file (file menu, open tuning file, select file to manage from list of store/saved files)
    Put parameter (B9903) in search

I know it takes time to do this but we can't learn if no one tells us.
    It takes more 2x or 3x the time for us to find what someone suggested than it takes you to time in details.

So there is my rant. Now Ill go back and read for more hours to understand the popups I get when trying to "Flash" my e38 ecm.
    Sorry if I offended anyone...just frustrated. (hope someone reads this )
    LS3 Manual 6 spd E38 os:12633056
    Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers w/3" exhaust
    Texas Speed cam 229/236 .629/.615 112 LSA
    Hi-Ram intake stock injectors 90mmTB

Quote Originally Posted by 5557nut View Post
    I'm finding this site very frustrating because even though there is al lot of info, it feels like the "experts" are expecting us newbies to know where all settings/parameters are.
    In this car tuning world there exists an expectation that people will be fairly proficient with electronics and computers so other users tend not to go back to the very basics of how things work in responses.
    Now that could be because 20 odd years ago this stuff was really, really ugly to deal with, what people have now is a walk in the park compared to what was around back then but the expectation that you know certain things has stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 5557nut View Post
    open tuning file (file menu, open tuning file, select file to manage from list of store/saved files)
    Which is what I meant above, as an example I know very little about using Photoshop, but if I was to go to a Photoshop help group and someone said 'you create a new blank image' they expect you will not need to be told that means go to file menu, new, blank image etc.

With your posts about this scattered over a few threads it is going to be harder to assist because we'll lose track. In another thread you mentioned "Someone already turned the VATS off" to which I had said that if that was done with other tuning software there is a chance that the VATS patch EFILive does may not work. I won't respond in here, it needs to be done in your other thread.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hey guys . We just bought a 07 suburban. It came with 1 keys I just bought and cut 2nd key for. I need to disable VATS since it is a basic key. I do have access to efi live. I already put a tune on it. However not sure how to disable VATS. Could not find anything via YouTube. Only with hp tuners or adding a resistor on 2 wires under steering wheel.

Looking for some help on a 2009 Trailblazer SS based calibration file in transplant street rod with no start condition. Cranks but doesn't fire the fuel injectors. Not setting any codes that would indicate why it won't start.

OS is 12630465. Flashed to all stock files for a 2009 TBSS with GM Techline so it has the correct slave/MCP files for this software set.

VATS patch applied, VATS type set to 2, tried with and without a relay as a load on the starter

Tested the G1220 starter relay type set to "Not used" and no change.

Tried disconnecting the battery, unplugging the ECU etc.

Any ideas what we should check next? Anyone have a known working 12630465 OS standalone file (or one compatible for swapping with that OS) that they would be willing to share to test to see if it runs with that file (preferably a 2009 TBSS based so that the slave/MCP files match too). MCP files are 12625997 & 12626935 in case that is of interest.

PSS

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast