Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

the tune has vats patch applied, just was never changed to type 2 and ive lost communication

HA basic uploader works

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fixuntilbroke View Post
    ... I started trying to disconnect crap to see what i can get by without seeins how i dont have any schematic ...
    Trying a swap like this without GM service manuals will waste a lot of your time, and the time of others answering questions needlessly. The GMLAN (Can Bus) is linked or daisy chained throughout all of the onboard modules - ECM / BCM / TCM / EBCM etc. If you remove or disconnect a module the communication pathway is interrupted. You will need to bridge the High Speed GMLAN Serial Data Bus +, and High Speed GMLAN Serial Data Bus -, to restore communications.

If communications are interrupted the engine won't start.

With a standalone wiring harness the GMLAN need only be routed between the DLC and ECM with a manual transmission, or DLC, ECM, and TCM with an automatic transmission.

Attached is your tune with some very minor changes.

Regards,
    Taz

Noob walk of shame, got the tune, thanks taz i was trying to flash the vats changed to mode 2 when i realized problem taz. Dont know what/if you changed anything else. Anyway the real problem was i forgot to hook up signal for eps (electric power steering) which as i was taking apart harness noticed lan wires deadhead there and come out a different color, so not hooked up it effectively breaks lan circuit. New tune flashed, all is well now back to eliminating wires.

I have a question for the masses....

Installed a replacement ECU, couldn't get tech 2 to connect but flashed full OS and tune with EFILive and fit to native car that requires vats.
    Can turn vats off and start etc but can't perform a relearn? I have tried with V7.5 and through DVT. Car is Holden commodore VE and ECU is E38 and I can only seem to replace ECUs if vats is disabled or unless relearn is done with tech 2 with sps approval.

While I realise the ECU needs to be programmed with tech 2 first, Will EFILive relearn or relink vats if the correct OS and tune is already on the ECU i.e 2nd hand replacement ECU sourced from wreck which is identical?
    There isn't much info to guide you when you attempt to do a relearn/relink, what key cycles etc are required if any and is there a confirmation supposed to let you know if the relearn succeeded?

Hopefully others need to know this, perhaps anyone who has worked on mail order tunes will have an answer. I suspect vats off is the only answer without tech 2 but want to confirm.

Thanks,

Mark

ok guys i know this has been covered very well but we have been trying to get this to work and have had no luck. tune is attached please tell me i just am not doing something right.

just a little history with this so it may help. we are trying to install this ecm into a 10 vette we know that it is a truck tune. this is all just an experment as we are looking to be able to run the vette on flexfuel. the ecm is know to be good as if we install the orig OS it starts right up. once we change it over to the truck and disable the VATS the vette will not even try to fire. now it is a push button start would this have anythig to do with it. are we just chasing our tails trying to make this work. any info is greatly appreciated we believe it should work but vats is not allowing it and not sure why other than the obvious. thanks for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

The ignition key / start button are connected to the BCM. The BCM communicates with the ECM over the CanBus network to allow the engine start.

Why not just enable / tune for Flex Fuel use in the original Corvette ECM ?

New to tuning, I have a E38 with 6.2L L92 I have tried all fix information posted here and can not seem to get around VATS. I have 12614088 OS with Patch applied full reflash more than once and have even put the relays in circuit for starter and ignition circuit. Please advise. This is set up on my Superflow engine Dyno and ready to run if I could only fix VATS, sets code P0633. I have TIS and Tech II so I could install another OS if needed.
    Thank You
    Tom

Sorry to hijack the thread, we'll make another one to get further with the problem solving.
    Taz - that was the first thing we tried, unfortunately, after filling with 5 gallons and having FFV on, we did not get it to even attempt to relearn the fuel.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast