Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

Thanks Vegasrobbi, we have been looking in to the starter thing, mainly to kill it off.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm going to be doing a motor swap & standalone harness in about (2-3 weeks) using a 2008 6.2 Escalade motor w/E38 hopefully the Vats disable will go good...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI View Post
    As a side note; I just installed a 2009 Silverado 5.3 in a Jeep JK. I was fortunate to have got the engine compartment fuse block with all the relay's and fuses.

I applied the Vats patch and powered the starter relay trigger as the ECM does - no start, code P0615.

I simply left the Chevy starter relay in place and powered the starter solinoid from the Jeep starter relay and it starts every time. It appears the ECM monitoring of the starter relay trigger must remain unaltered.
    Yes the start command is sent via CAN to the ECM from the BCM which works with IP, Theft Deterent Module, key, ECM, etc etc to get past the security steps. The ECM will never operate a starter via the ECM connected start relay without all these other modules in and working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Yes the start command is sent via CAN to the ECM from the BCM which works with IP, Theft Deterent Module, key, ECM, etc etc to get past the security steps. The ECM will never operate a starter via the ECM connected start relay without all these other modules in and working correctly.
    Correct, it's apparent the ECM will not iniatiate the start command; it is easy to connect an external starter relay. The interesting part is the original starter relay, or a resistor which simulates the starter relay trigger, must remain on the starter enable circut for the ECM to allow the engine to run. This was my problem on two E38 5.3's, lets hope this routine can be programed out.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI View Post
    Correct, it's apparent the ECM will not iniatiate the start command; it is easy to connect an external starter relay. The interesting part is the original starter relay, or a resistor which simulates the starter relay trigger, must remain on the starter enable circut for the ECM to allow the engine to run. This was my problem on two E38 5.3's, lets hope this routine can be programed out.
    It can . Even without a full flash.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    It can . Even without a full flash.
    Tell us more oh master!!!

Please do tell....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Or better yet, post up a .cax for people
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Or better yet, post up a .cax for people
    When I find it I will. There seems to be an option in the system segment, just dont know where it is and havent had time to track it down. Maybe next week. This is needle in a haystack stuff as you know Ross...especially without the right kind of info .

So from that I assume you've only been told it can be done but as yet the theory isn't proven?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast