Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

Lifetime Member

The V2 needs to be connected. The software looks for the V2 when the app starts up.

Got it! Thank you. I did not know that.

Why would people want to disable VATS, if someone were to be using the PCM in a different Chassis or something?

Quote Originally Posted by E67boostquest View Post
    Why would people want to disable VATS, if someone were to be using the PCM in a different Chassis or something?
    Yes, using the motor/trans, wiring & ECM in a different chassis...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Oh ok, I figured you all weren't into getting your crap stolen. LOL

Default Observation

I am on my third 07'-09 5.3 Silverado engine conversion into a different chassis. All three required the starter enable wire mod to run. The first one I did in a Toyota 4x4 several years ago is using a 50 ohm 10 watt resistor (Radio Shack # 271-0133 $1.99 for 2). Simply grounding the wire will enable it to start also, but I didn't feel fuzzy inside. The second and third are using the stock relay box. Interestingly if I tap into the stock relay with a crank signal - no start; had to run an external starter relay and leave the original relay untouched. IM guessing GM does not want someone bypassing the start sequence from the BCM/anti theft system.

Now armed with G1220 I thought it would be cleaner and simpler to do away with the mod/wiring so I went back to the 07' LH6 to see what would happen. First I disconnected the resistor to verify no start - and no start. I changed G1220 from "+ signal" to "not used", no other changes. Flashed in the new cal. (BTW thank you for BBF) and ...no start. I reconnected the resistor and....start. I made at least ten crank attempts on each configuration.

Then I used the settings posted earlier in this thread with the resistor disconnected and....no start. I connected the resistor with those settings and...no start.

So that is as far as I got, I will try other settings when I can, and next week I will have access to the 09' engine I put in a Wrangler with the stock relay box and an external starter relay. All three engines are 5.3's with different OS's.

Can someone do a step by step of this ?
    Like DL patch from here , apply patch how , ground which wire from PCM or starter .
    Kind of broken information , fragmented , if you know what I mean .
    Thanks .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I have a #12612384 e38 running #12617631 2008 corvette ls3 tune. I did the vats patch and turned off vats in the vats settings section etc..., but could only get it to fire for 2 seconds. So I did the starter relay mod. It fires up fine after the second crank. I just need to somehow add a pin and wire into the x1 connector.

Starter relay mod is: Find pin 52 on the X1 connector. run a wire from it to the trigger connector on a relay( I used a narva relay with a built in resistor) and then the ground pin goes to ground on the chassis. Pretty simple.

update on my situation. I'm working with an 08 ECM. I did the patch and turned G1220 to off. It would start then die. Sounded like VATS.. Well turns out the customer forgot to plug a hole in the back of the intake and i over looked it. Big vac leak. Pluged it up and she fire right up, purrrrs like a kitten.

Thanks for all the help though guys, learned alot for the next time i get into one.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    update on my situation. I'm working with an 08 ECM. I did the patch and turned G1220 to off. It would start then die. Sounded like VATS.. Well turns out the customer forgot to plug a hole in the back of the intake and i over looked it. Big vac leak. Pluged it up and she fire right up, purrrrs like a kitten.

Thanks for all the help though guys, learned alot for the next time i get into one.
    Thanks for coming back and fronting with the real problem. Many dont .

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast