Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

I'm not sure, but I think the VATS patch would be found in the tunetool, go View->Show Calibration Window and goto the Upgrade OS tab, if the patch is available it should be listed there.

[ someone who knows E37's might want to clarify/correct what I just said ]

Fixuntilbroke, welcome to the forum

Thanks joecar, i just looked it says does not support o/s upgrades you may have to upgrade entire os but theres no full os listed or anything for that matter.

Lifetime Member

Have never worked with an E37. The VATS patch is usually part of the Operating System patches - visible only when the V2 is connected to the Laptop (just like electric throttle tables). Usually in the ECM>engine>operating system patch folder - typically near the bottom of the column.

Don't have access to tuning software currently ...

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz
    ECM>engine>operating system patch
    Ah, when V2 is present, I understand, thanks

Ok i used the tool to update software and the patch showed up
    i applied patch and did full flash, got it running mind you i still have it hooked up to EVERYTHING steering column all computers stock fuse box etc, It wouldnt start with switch or anything, so i got to checking, the relay for run/crank had no power. So fused a wire at 10a and applied it to where power should exit relay, motor starts and runs fine like this, so i thought awesome! I started trying to disconnect crap to see what i can get by without seeins how i dont have any schematic. i unhooked vats computer or bcm whatever the interior black box is, nothing, anyway i was trying unplugging crap and trying to start. i got good noises with one of the wire block disconnected from bcu we'll call it by noises i mean clicking and whining of sensors relays etc. At that point in time i disconnected wires going to transponder reader on ignition but it wouldnt start so i applied power to starter wire, it started. but ran poorly and quit. so i was looking at my calibrations and i noticed that vats had to be in mode 2 or 3 to disable despite patch and all other settings off, so i changed it and went to flash it.
    Nothing, no reponse i connected my other obd2 scanner no response although it powers up device, no signal. So i reconnected everything still nothing tried a hundred different re powers leave battery disconnected for awhile, and no response is all i get. At one point in time cluster flashed "reduced engine power" followed by "engine disabled" so i think ive triggered vats and am up shit creek. help

sorry just wanted to get all information out so you experieced guys dont have to coax one detail at a time out of me

What is this engine in?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fixuntilbroke View Post
    ... so i think ive triggered vats ...
    Post your tune ... myself and / or other Forum members will take a look.

Regards,
    Taz

i cant seem to figure out how to post file, tried upload image but it doesnt like the format. Its out of an 08 cobalt 2.2l mt Engine installed in sand rail, right now i have entire system pulled out of car, hooked up to motor and laying on garage floor, pedals bcu column etc, had it working this way, thought i had vats disabled but as i started disconnecting things like transponder reader i mustve done something cause i get no communication through obd2 port.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast