Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4094vvt

Default 4094vvt

I've posted on every forum I'm on and still no help. I just installed a 4094vvt on my 06 LBZ and the most boost i can get is 20psi but it doesn't spool up until around 2500 rpm. I've checked all the boots and its not throwing any codes. Any help would be awesome!

Well we have worked on them some and my guess is it will be in the tuning. Being it has larger housings and the way the vanes are designed they typicaly need to be closed down on averaged. I would try working with the vane maximums and the target vane position as well. Make sure your desired boost tables are up decently too. We are very impressed at how that turbo works.

Lifetime Member

Sadly the way things are now poeple are really not willing to help much anymore, everybody is in it for $$$$ so the best thing I could recomend is learn how to use your tuning software or pony up the cash for a premade tune. Everyone starts somewhere and JeromeGTO gave some solid advise wich is very nice of him, get a drive pressure gauge installed one that you can log with efi live, loosen up the min and max vain tables, add some boost, log vain position, log drive pressure vs boost pressure you will know when your askin for to much boost or when you can ask for more. Its up to you to decide when your drive pressure in your tune is to high. Shoot for under 1.5to1 over 1.5to1 is to much oviously 1to1 is best.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I heard that Its nice when people are willing to help I think its sad tho also that there are people out there that will steal peoples work any chance they get too and will sell them as if they did it themselves as we have experienced first hand. as for advice im willing to help all i can but i can understand some peoples hesitation for giving out tunes they haave spent hundreds of hours building just to have someboby use it for their own gain. But it is really nice when some knowledgable tuners can chime in and give us rookies some helpful advice. This is one of the best forums for this imo and i have been helped a lot just by reading through the threads cant thank everybody enough.

As for tuning that turbo like he said i would start with the min. and max tables and then with the target vane. Keep us posted and let us no how it goes. If u have any other questions dont be scared to voice them

cheers, Jerome

We often get PM's and Emails asking for specific tuning assistance, unfortunately EFILive cannot offer this, why? Well in a nut shell we are just software programmers, the people that use our software know more than we do with regards to real world tuning. Much like an architect can't build a house but they know every little detail about it.

I understand why some people won't share tuning knowledge, for some tuning is their full time job and giving away the tricks of the trade would be pretty silly.
    Thankfully there is a good mix of hobbyist and professional tuners out there that if you trawl the forums long enough you will usually find the answer. This might be better than wasting a tank of diesel trying to figure it out yourself

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

FWIW...

The 4094vnt will run on a stock tune....Not very well but it will work as a starting point.

Maybe start there. Or start with a hotter tune and see how you do.

Have you tried a stock tune or did someone build a tune and say it was for your new turbo?
    12 Second LMM

I don't expect anyone to just give me a tune. But a little help is all i need. I just want my truck to run! I have a tune that runs great on the factory charger but does no good with the 4094vvt. So i was hoping that someone might know if something else was wrong or point me towards a fix. Thanks MMLMM for your input. When it comes to fabrication or workin on a truck I'm in my realm but the tuning side is totally new to me. I want to go to the EFILive School!

Lifetime Member

I have zero experience with the 4094. but from what i hear it is a drop in replacement with the exact same controlling hardware and sensors. So, if this is the case i would try setting 2231 and 2232 so that the ECM does not reference the vane tables and just references the desired boost tables. Log the actual vane position and then use the mapping function of the scan software to build a map of the actual vane position then plug that data back into the desired vane position table. Very similar to the "dialing in the vanes" to a tune you already have.
    Last edited by bballer182; March 25th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

So did this do the trick? or was i way off?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I had to flash in a completely stock tune so the turbo could learn. Then Dan @ PPE hooked me up with a killer tune. This thing is a rocket! I don't know why more people don't run this turbo?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast