Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't get pulse width low enough on siemens/mototron 60lb injectors

Also you may want to look at why you are getting the P0357 DTC.
    I cant see why you are hitting that limit. I will have a play with some bins tonight to see if there is another table somewhere causing this.
    The Tremor at AIR

Fix those out-of-range cells and fix P0357 before proceeding...

O.K. I had a play last night & did find another minimum pulsewidth table which I believe is active during transient conditions. This table in your file is set to 1.27ms, which with the modifiers will give you a IBPW of 1.79-1.80ms, same as your log.
    I have attached a cax file so you can edit this table to match your other min pw tables.
    This has not been tested so please be careful. If it doesnt fix your min pw at idle return to stock. You will find that if this does lower your min pw you may need to raise your VE table in the idle cells, as I think it is now too low.
    Also, if this does end up lowering the min pw there may be a problem in your tune elsewhere which we will have to pinpoint.
    Anyway let me know how it goes.
    Cheers Mick
    Edit, wont let me upload a .cax file. pm me your email address & I will send it to you.
    The Tremor at AIR

Mick, you can zip it and then attach it.

Here you go.
    Thanks Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Tremor at AIR

BTW this .cax will add a folder called "Transients" in the tune tool. Once verified I will change it to go to the "Injectors" sub folder in the "Fuel" section.
    The Tremor at AIR

Question What I.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Some people have gotten large injectors to flow small amounts by running a lower FPR pressure.
    was thinking, too.
    At 58psi, the Motos are flowing 69.28pph.
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

I just done some quick maths. (well maybe quick for others)
    IBPW = Airmass/AFR/IFR*1000 + offsets + spa. (I know Marcin, I havent fully proved it yet)
    So we should be able to calculate your actual cylinder airmass at idle with the equation.
    Cylinder airmass =(IBPW-offsets-spa)*IFR*Wideband AFR
    Using your log we have
    (1.770046-0.4711-0.030395/1000)*9.242188*12.3 = 0.144207498 G/cyl.
    If others would like to check my equation that would be great. To me it shows you underestimating airmass at idle by a fair wack. (0.0312 g/cyl in your tune) So once the min pulsewidth issue is sorted you will be way lean.
    The Tremor at AIR

OMG... well sorry not to reply to my own thread quicker. This is really crazy and quite embarrassing but after you seen my dtc's for me in that tune I checked my car over and my cylinder 7 coil was not plugged in!! After doing a bunch of work on my car before winter and I put my turbo kit on I had coil 7 out to fit the motor back in and must have forgot to go back and connect the coil into the harness. I don't have a check engine light in my swap car so I never knew about the dtc and forgot to check that on efilive.

My motor sounded different but I contributed it to the new exhaust routing through the turbo. And with the new turbo the car still had more power overall so I didn't notice the power loss. So I had my car running without cylinder 7 for a couple hundred miles and tuned my ve table with it that way. I can't believe I did that , hopefully it did not harm the motor.

The good news is my car has so much more power now, especially low end torque. it feels great and my turbo spools up noticeably faster. These last two days i've had a blast driving the car with the new found power.

So thank you so much for looking at my log 5.7ute . It appears the pulsewidth problem is still there so i'll start looking at your suggestions.
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

No worries.
    I am interested to see if that table is active in your tune & causing this issue. I cant find anything else wrong at the moment.
    I am not sure if you have used a .cax file before, but the directions on where to put the file are pretty clear in the cax section.
    Keep us posted.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast