Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I can't get pulse width low enough on siemens/mototron 60lb injectors

I don't have any injector data sources sorry. Usually I will get something started with the standard injectors which we have good known data for, & work back from there. (Extremely time consuming) While this method is not 100% accurate it does seem to work.
    Once you have set B9021 lower than the min pulsewidth log again & post it up. ensure MANVAC & Battery Volts are logged along with ibpw 1 or 2, DYNCYLAIR_DMA & GM.AFR. Usually we would also need GM.INJFLOW, but since you have a manifold referenced FPR this will be a constant value & not necessary. Also make sure the fuel trims are off by commanding away from stoich AFR.
    The Tremor at AIR

Will do - Thank you so much! It will be awhile before they get the cooling system straightened out, then I'll get a chance to log it some. That log I posted was just going up the street and back and it got that hot... didn't realize how bad it was till I got back to the shop.

I have been commanding it off stoich for open loop - I was just trying it for that one log to see if the STFTs would help at all...

Are there any known injectors that would be better for me to start with as far as the data?
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Anything GM related that we have data for. Something like the LS3 injectors would be a good starting point.(keeping away from boost of course)
    If you can post a link to where you got the 96lbers info it might help. Or hopefully someone who has used these injectors might be able to chime in & verify your data. It might be worth starting a seperate thread asking for verification & posting a tune file in there.
    The Tremor at AIR

I'd have to go searching to find it again. I'll make a new post and ask if anyone has data for these 96#ers... Thanks again for your help!
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

No worries.
    One thing I did find is that the injector driver boxes also have a minimum opening time. So even if you can get the pcm to command a short PW, the injectors will still be opened by the driver box to its minimum PW. Something to think about.
    Have you looked at maybe going for the ID2000 or similar. Apparently these can be driven real low, & all the necessary data is supplied.
    The Tremor at AIR

What is the ID2000? I'm trying to work with what my friend put together on this car... but if we need to change it up, I can tell him about it. I wouldn't have done most of the things on this car the way he did, but I wasn't involved in the build, unfortunately.
    GM EFI Tuner

Have a look here http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID2000.html
    I have never used them, but from all reports they are a very good injector. They also do them in smaller flow rates so there will be something there to do the job for you.
    The Tremor at AIR

Kinda glad I saw this. I'm running 60lbers and have dropped the FP down to about 40psi to try and combat the rich idle. I ended up "tweaking" the voltage offset table to try and bring the idle AFR in line (was in the 11's before I did this). This kinda worked for me...got my min IPW's into the 1.6 range. I don't recall see the transient min pulsewidth table though (still using the factory '99 M6 OS). I'm assuming this is something custom??? Sorry - it's late and didn't have the energy to read through the entire post thoroughly.

Yeah Jeff. Since we started making .cax files some of these table definitions are now finding there way onto here. I have made this parameter available for a few OS's now. If you cant find one for yours let me know & I will get it made up.
    I havent tested B9021 on a stock standard engine as yet. I know it was active in mine & a few of the cammed cars that have had this issue. But it could be something to do with a not fully stable idle triggering a transient condition. Hopefully the stock engined car coming in tomorrow will bring some insight into this.
    Cheers Mick
    The Tremor at AIR

Car has been running good with this modification. Will future efilive releases just include access to this new table by default
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast