Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stream purchase for DMax and do I get trans too?

Default Stream purchase for DMax and do I get trans too?

forgive if this is the wrong place:

If I purchase the LB7 Duramax Diesel ECM - Stream S-LB7. LBZ Duramax Diesel ECM - Stream S-LBZ and LLY Duramax Diesel ECM - Stream S-LLY, do I get the capability of tuning the transmissions also, or are they divorced so I have to pay for the trans streams separately?

Thanks!

There is actually an additional stream 'S-ALLA' specifically for the Allison transmission used in the LB7/LLY Duramax vehicles. So you'd need to purchase this to get unlimited transmission tuning.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

For the full unlimited Duramax suite LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM (LBZ & LMM are combined) plus both Allison TCM types (the new 6spd one is not done yet, expect in a month or two), it would be just over $7,000. That covers both trucks and vans and 8.1L gas TCM from 2001 - 2007+.
    The price also includes unlimited use of the DSP2, DSP5 custom O.S's for the LB7 & LLY and any future custom O.S's we might develop.
    When pricing, just remember you get discounts based on the number of streams you purchase.

Remember the Duramax is also used in many commercial chassis (such as some of these - http://www.workhorse.com/ ), we don't try to separate them from the vans or trucks, so you get enormous vehicle coverage for your money.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; March 20th, 2007 at 11:02 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I hate to say it, that REALLY tips the balance of cost towards HPTuners.

My cost comparison was for support for all LS1, LS2, and DMax. And when comparing with HPTuners to EFILive making the assuming that all the trans functions were included in the DMax engine stream, the costs were right on top of each other. Finding this out REALLY skews the costs badly in favor of HPTuners.

I am trying hard to make a decision about buying this and it is harder every day I find out something like this.

Oh, and does V1 Workshop do all the trans tuning of the oil burners that it can tune?

The way I figure it up is you would be over 10k with HPT to do all the vehicles that you can do with EFIlive.

But if EFILive yanks all the transmissions out of everything and makes you pay for that separately, HPT is much cheaper.

Which streams have trans included and which do not?

If I buy the LS2A stream, do I get to tune the trans? Or do I have to buy the $1250 stream to go with? Making it $4K just to tune LS2's? That pushes EFILive waay over the edge on costs. Why on earth would anyone pull the trans out of the engine stream?

It is like buying a car without the capability of turning on the headlights.... That is extra cost to license the headlights....

Here is a breakdown of pricing for both platforms.

EFILive - $12,526.60

HPT - $11038.96

Cost difference of $1487.64 With that I don't know if HPT includes free custom OS's with that pricing. This factors in both companies offering the combined stream/credit discounts.

All of HPT custom OS's (SD,2-3bar, RTT, etc.) require the use of extra credits. But you can buy unlimited use for each platform of custom OS.

And they don't support LBZ/LMM Duramaxs yet either.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

I come up with:

97-98 LS1 Free
    99-04 LS1 but what happens with the 05-07 LS1's? $2,495
    05-06 LS2(E40)-PCM only meaning you can't tune the tranny $2,495
    06-07 LS2/LS7(E38)-PCM only meaning you can't tune the tranny $2,495
    LB7 Duramax-PCM only meaning you can't tune the tranny $1,995
    LLY Duramax-PCM only meaning you can't Tune the tranny $1,995
    LBZ/LLM Duramax-PCM only meaning you can't tune the tranny $1,995
    Allison LB7/LLY tranny controller $1,249
    Allison LBZ tranny controller $1,249
    S-T42 transmission in LS2's $1,249
    S-T43 A6 transmission in vettes & such $1,249
    V2 hardware $749
    total with 20% discount on streams $15,122.80

How did you get $12K? Does EFILive offer a quote on this? With this sort of $$ I am thinking that is the only way to go with it. Have each company submit me a bid for the product as I need it.

What I want is LS1, LS2, DMax, and all trans is expected. This is what I can use to compare to HPT. I will expect thier price to also include all Custom OS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast