Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second vehicle (Vette) help needed, maybe missing something with the truck setup?

Default Second vehicle (Vette) help needed, maybe missing something with the truck setup?

I am very new to EFI Live, bought it for my Vettes and was going to run IdahoRob tunes on the truck but like the way it runs with the IQ/6-gun so just going to use EFI for the ERG and DPF delete with help from Rob

Anyway, I have been able to download the stock LMM tune so I can send it to Rob.

I am trying to download the 06 Vette ECU and TCU files to send to a great Vette tuner for the mods done to the car the past few weeks.

It tries then gives me a message that it cannot unlock the ECU which I am sure has a stock tune.

I have read every tutorial, thread, etc...... I can find and so far it seems I am supposed to be getting a code back from EFI but nothing sent to me via the email I registered under. At least I though I registered according to following their instructions. Neither for the truck or the car, nothing coming back.

I know it has to be something simple, like a clear and easy way to do this stuff that just is not that clear and easily made known it seems!

Any ideas?
    Suggestions?

I would like to figure this out without having to call anybody and bug them when they are working hard on other peoples vehicles about something that should not be hard to figure out. I know all about being busy, I am too damn busy to fight this thing and a bit frustrated with it at the moment.

I had one hell of a time getting the software to run on my new Netbook I bought to tune with. The program did not install the driver files, had to download then after awhile I figured out I needed to just drop them onto the C drive, the only way I could get them recognized was the answer to that.

------

Getting a keyless Vette into ON mode was another fun thing to figure out, pull the radio fuse and Onstar, hold the bottom of the button down until it goes into On mode. Nothing posted on numerous sites about this(I did not get a factory users manual with the car, maybe listed there) but I found an obscure post with some mentioning of it pulling the fuses, that did not do it but holding the button down did. Maybe it will work with the fuses in, I will find out someday.

-------

Anyway, it seems I am missing a step or two on registering the license but I just have had not luck finding an answer and just need a bit of help on this, please

Sincerely
    Rick
    801-829-4997
    801-452-5858 cell

Hi Rick,

You did this: go Help->Register EFILive and enter your details from the blue card...?

Do you have any screenshots...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

Quote Originally Posted by RAAMaudio View Post

I have read every tutorial, thread, etc...... I can find and so far it seems I am supposed to be getting a code back from EFI but nothing sent to me via the email I registered under. At least I though I registered according to following their instructions. Neither for the truck or the car, nothing coming back.
    Do you mean as a result of purchasing a vehicle or stream license...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It tries then gives me a message that it cannot unlock the ECU which I am sure has a stock tune.
    Hi Rick,

If EFILive gives the message that the ECM is locked, that means the factory seed/key value in the ECM has been altered from stock. There are a number of ways that can happen:
    1. The ECM may have been locked by a previous tuner. Although if it is stock then that is unlikely.
    2. The ECM may be a factory development ECM. It is rare, but we have seen a few of them in production vehicles.
    3. The ECM has been updated by the dealer using GM's programming system. That system has a bug that can cause the seed/key combo to get become corrupted.
    4. The ECM may be faulty.

For now, I think we can discount options 1 and 4. To try and get around options 2 and 3 try checking the "Use alternate keys" checkbox when attempting to read the ECM. If that does not work, please see this web page http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...111&Itemid=121 and send the relevant files to me at paul@efilive.com.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks very very much

After 20 years in the USN, working on extremely complex gear much of that time I just do not have the capacity to dig into this stuff like I used to. I have a huge mental block that I seem to not be able to overcome(nor really want to

I bought a brand new unit, just trying to use the licenses on it not add licenses, streams, etc.......

I did everything on the blue card as directed, then again for #2 and #3 while after trying with no luck to get the tunes off the ECU, TCU on the Vette.

I tried the alternate keys method, twice, after the regular method(I have not been able to figure out for sure if I was suposed to have a code, key, whatever that empty block above it says, sorry I forgot that for the moment. The alternate keys method is what gave me the locked out message I believe.

I will check the link you sent Paul and see what happens next, thanks.

I am way behind on my business now though because of all this, things are nuts here and I do 95% of everything myself so it is done right, working mad hours lately and I need beer time, sometimes!

I will report back my findings, I may do this tonight afterall, if I can stay awake that long

And will send the results if no luck.

Thanks again!
    Rick

OK, you wanted the files, not a way around things I just sent them, all I had from 2 sessions working on the truck and car since not sure which was which except the very last one or two have to be from the last session with the Vette today.

Thanks
    Rick

OK, you wanted the files, not a way around things I just sent them
    I'll take a look at the files first thing tomorrow morning. I'm in Auckland, 4 hours behind US west coast time so that will be about midday, west coast time.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul!!

Sorry if I sounded grumpy in my first post, I was rather burned out, stressed a bit (my "grown up" kids!) not enough sleep, etc..... I just wanted to drink and not think for awhile, sure you understand.

----

I have been to Perth and Freemantle, that is all I have seen of your country, when things pick up in the world economy you will probably see me there, at least my products. I hope to return in person once I retire, to busy now!

It always seems you guys are much further west than you are, mostly way south.

----

Thanks again
    Rick

Hi Rick,

I have looked at the log files and it seems that the vette is returning a sequence of data during the seed/key unlock that is not recognized by the version of the EFILive software that you are running.

I recommend updating to the latest pre-release software (and FlashScan firmware), available here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13140

After installing the software and updating the FlashScan firmware, try reading out the vette again. If it still fails please send the newly created *.blx files. I think with the later software/firmware I will get a more detailed log of the data that EFIlive is not recognizing.

I'll also post this in the forum thread just in case others have a similar problem.

P.S. I started off in Australia but I'm now based in New Zealand which is a closer to the US than Australia.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, I will do that, do I need to delete the older stuff first or just do the updates over the top?

I will read the instructions of course

----------

I have not been to New Zealand either but love my Racetech seats and harnesses made there

Thanks
    Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast