Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EFILive V7.3.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Check that the *.cal file matching the operating system exits. In your case, check that this file exists:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations\1290001.cal
    If it does not exist, re-run the installation and select repair.
    If it does exist, delete it (actually it would be a good idea to delete all *.cal files in that folder) and then re-run the installation and select repair.
    Unfortunately, not much luck there, Paul. I deleted all the cals and selected repair option... same deal. :(

Have you checked the downloaded file using the supplied MD5 checksum?
    See section "EFILive Download Verification" just below the V7.3.0 download.
    Not yet, Paul but will give it a burl. It was late...

PS I'm running an earlier 1290001 OS that Ross developed for me prior to custom OS becoming available. Could that be a possible reason? :?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSbaby
    Unfortunately, not much luck there, Paul. I deleted all the cals and selected repair option... same deal. :(
    Can you delete the \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\cal_link.txt file and re-run the install and select repair.
    It's a long shot, but a misplaced ; character in that file can cause the error you are seeing.

Failing that a complete fresh install of EFILive may be required.
    To do that:
    1. Uninstall the current EFILive installation using Windows->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Rename \My Documents\EFILive\V7 to \My Documents\EFILive\V7_OLD
    3. Rename \Program Files\EFILive\V7 to \Program Files\EFILive\V7_OLD
    4. Start->Run, enter Regedit click OK
    5. Find the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7 and delete it, which will delete everything it contains.
    6. Re-install EFILive from the downlaoded file.
    7. Copy your logged data files and tuning files from the V7_OLD folders to the newly isntalled V7 folders. And PID selection files and dashbaord files and any other files that you want to "retain".
    7. Keep the V7_OLD folders around for a while (or just make a copy of them onto a CD) in case there are files in there that you want to keep that you do not realise just yet.

PS I'm running an earlier 1290001 OS that Ross developed for me prior to custom OS becoming available. Could that be a possible reason? :?
    No.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Can you delete the \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\cal_link.txt file and re-run the install and select repair.
    It's a long shot, but a misplaced ; character in that file can cause the error you are seeing.

Failing that a complete fresh install of EFILive may be required.
    To do that:
    1. Uninstall the current EFILive installation using Windows->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Rename \My Documents\EFILive\V7 to \My Documents\EFILive\V7_OLD
    3. Rename \Program Files\EFILive\V7 to \Program Files\EFILive\V7_OLD
    4. Start->Run, enter Regedit click OK
    5. Find the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7 and delete it, which will delete everything it contains.
    6. Re-install EFILive from the downlaoded file.
    7. Copy your logged data files and tuning files from the V7_OLD folders to the newly isntalled V7 folders. And PID selection files and dashbaord files and any other files that you want to "retain".
    7. Keep the V7_OLD folders around for a while (or just make a copy of them onto a CD) in case there are files in there that you want to keep that you do not realise just yet.
    Paul,

Unfortunately that didn't work either. I did all the above... still get the "Unrecognised PCM" dialog popping up... :(

On this occasion I'm using a more recent cal file for OS 1290001. I'm also using a newer gm_enhanced.prn file. Could that be it? The previous versions of these files were dated 28/05/2005.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Make sure that the Calibrations setting on the [Folders] tab page of the Properties window in the Scan Tool software is set to:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations
    And that the file 01290001.cal exists in that folder and that the file is not marked as "Read-only".
    To check if it is marked as read-only, right click on it (from within Explorer) and select Properties. Make sure the Read-only check box is not checked.

Are you positive that the *.tun files's operating system is still 01290001, double check it on the Calibrations page that displays when you first open the *.tun file.

I do not believe anything in the gm_enhanced.prn file can cause the problem.

Basically the error message is displayed if *any* error occurs while trying to load the *.cal file that matches the operating system number in the *.tun file. Common causes are:

1. *.cal file does not exists or cannot be opened correctly by EFILive.
    2. Calibrations folder set to a non-default folder in the Scan Tool Properties window.
    3. An encoding fault in the *.cal file.
    4. *.cal file set to read-only.
    5. An encoding fault in some other configuration file that is loaded at the same time that a *.tun file is opened.

Can you send the *.tun file (and the 01290001.cal file) to me at paul@efilive.com - thanks
    Paul

Reagrds
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folders.gif 
Views:	189 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	286  
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul

Everything, inluding respective settings and destination folders appears to be correct.

I have tried to install and configure v7.3.0 so many times without luck. :? Every time I revert back to v7.2.2 I also reuse my old files... it works every time.

I will send you 4 files...

01290001.cal (current v7.3.0)
    01290001.cal.old
    01290001.tun (current v7.3.0)
    01290001.tun.old

Thanks for all your help so far, Paul.

Cheers

I have noticed the values in table B3618 PE modified based on RPM are very different since downloading 7.3.0 looks like they are a percentage of EQ ratio rather than a factor of :?: - they start at 1.00 and reduce to 0.91 (reducing the value adds fuel , increasing subracts)

Lifetime Member

Edit properties and change the units from Lambda to EQ ratio
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Thanks

I have tried to install and configure v7.3.0 so many times without luck. :? Every time I revert back to v7.2.2 I also reuse my old files... it works every time.
    This turned out to be SSbaby had an earlier 'pre-release' custom O.S, it's all sorted now.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This weekend I tried to read my 98 pcm (98 Camaro Z28 A4).

I have installed the latest release and followed all of the instructions
    making sure the the correct calibrations etc were installed.

On the first attempt the read failed or quit with 50 seconds remaining. On the second attempt, it said something about the bootloader not loading. I may have attempted again. Each time time I waited the 15 seconds. Initially the car started, however, after a third or fourth attempt the car would not start.

After many connects and disconnects, a message finally popped up stating to click yes to flash. Then the car started.

Thinking I had not installed correctly, I reviewed the calibration folder and the files therein and decided to rename it and repair/reinstall into an empy calibration folder. This time all calibration files installed, same as before, but minus some 1998 calibration files from original 98 betas I had installed.

Quote:

Check that the *.cal file matching the operating system exits. In your case, check that this file exists:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Calibrations\1290001.cal
    If it does not exist, re-run the installation and select repair.
    If it does exist, delete it (actually it would be a good idea to delete all *.cal files in that folder) and then re-run the installation and select repair.

After the reinstall and repair, I went thru the same scenario with same results. Car wouldn't start. After many disconnects it finally started.

Rather than try a third time, I called it quits for fear my car would not start.

The PCM is a rebuilt. A tuner fried the original pcm attempting to flash from the bench rather than in the car. The tune file on it now is from EPP in Indiana tuned with LSEdit.

I have reflashed the tune less than five times with some minor adjustments to the A4 setttings with my own licensed copy of LSEdit.

I am confused about the instructions to delete all calibration files from previous installs. There are three 1998 calibration files from previous beta 98 installations. Are those supposed to be deleted as well? In any case it didn't appear to make any difference because with or without as I can't read the pcm.

This is the information off of the PCM.

SVC# 16238212
    Factory authorized remanufactured module for DELPHI DELCO
    ELECTRONICS Systems Made in USA
    86CLJPM08124 1STQ

Please help...I have been waiting for months to use EFIlive and dump LSEdit.

I have many logs from the error log, but when I click on them it appears to be nothing in them and all that happens is that EFI live opens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast