Thread: Just ordered cable finally.

Default Just ordered cable finally.

Hi guys , the new store looks nice.. it took three times to work though, it kept showing page not found, or would take forever between pages.. im on 1.5 meg/ sec service jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

another thing, i have the usb autotap cable and it wont let me register my ver 7 scanner on it? am i doing something wrong? jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    another thing, i have the usb autotap cable and it wont let me register my ver 7 scanner on it? am i doing something wrong? jes
    Did you upgrade your V6 license to V7 here:
    http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Default Re: Just ordered cable finally.

Hi guys , the new store looks nice.. it took three times to work though, it kept showing page not found, or would take forever between pages.. im on 1.5 meg/ sec service jes
    jes.. did it hang on redirect or once you were in the site. Can you please PM the details.

Thanks,
    John

it hung while i was in the store, trying to add something to my cart, the log in thing never showed up either until it finally let me thru the last time. Also while it was giving me this trouble it wouldnt even redirect to the new store at all, it was like the server shut down for a bit..

And as for the ver 7 license .. yes i did get my update via email, the program acts like it took the reg just fine, but i finnally hooked up the scanner to my car and it says looking to connect, then it says unregistered cable would you like to add your information, and the window pops up giving all the information.. It is all in there, exactly what the email said, maybe my serial number isnt the right format?? on version 6 i had to add more zeros than what was on my cables serial number, but i even tried to do exactly what i had in ver 6 but add the new serial and no worky... ?? jes

I just tried going thru the store again, and now everything is fast.. including all the check out stuff, and it is all working correctly, i wonder what was going on earlier? Seems ok now, Thanks guys, Still cant get the cable going though... :( thanks jes

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

it hung while i was in the store, trying to add something to my cart, the log in thing never showed up either until it finally let me thru the last time. Also while it was giving me this trouble it wouldnt even redirect to the new store at all, it was like the server shut down for a bit..
    The www.efilive.com server had some issues earlier today but they are fixed now. The store is on a completely different server though.

And as for the ver 7 license .. yes i did get my update via email, the program acts like it took the reg just fine, but i finnally hooked up the scanner to my car and it says looking to connect, then it says unregistered cable would you like to add your information, and the window pops up giving all the information.. It is all in there, exactly what the email said, maybe my serial number isnt the right format?? on version 6 i had to add more zeros than what was on my cables serial number, but i even tried to do exactly what i had in ver 6 but add the new serial and no worky... ?? jes
    Did you leave the Name and Contact details blank?
    In V7, they MUST be blank if they are blank in your license details.
    In V6 it did not matter if you put data in them or not.

Also make sure the issue date is correct - I messed up sometimes when adding dates due to the date drop down box displaying the current day in a red circle - it looks like thats the date selected when it isn't.

Also make sure you have exactly 12 digits in the serial number - EFILive should add the zeros automagically though.

Paul

ill try again, thanks,

it was because i filled in my contact info, erased it and it works fine now.. lookin good guys,, Now just cant wait for the cable to come so i can test her out.. jes