Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost with a 1bar map sensor

Lifetime Member

You really need to tune the TCM, leaving it stock and making lots more power is a recipe for disaster. I havent tuned a blown truck yet, but I imagine you're going to want to raise the line pressures and make sure it doesnt hit the rev limiter before shifting (what it sounds like its doing now).

If the trans isnt fully built (billet input/output shaft, upgraded clutches, shift kit, etc), it will help but its going to need a built trans asap. The 4L70Es the TBSS comes with is worthless in the trucks, they blow up behind bone stock trucks. Add an extra 100hp = very short life span. The trans is the weak spot, 2WD trucks are better off because they can break the rear tires loose with excessive power, AWD trucks (like mine) are pretty much screwed when it comes to this because all the power just keeps it internal to the car. Weak point is the trans, so thats what goes first.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ok my truck is almost all tune now but I found out that I was not having a transmissin problem... The problem is that when I'm at full throttle the truck is pulling real hard until 4500 to 5500rpm and than stop... the fuel injectors just shut down from 15ms pulse to only 2-3ms and the engine stay at that rpm until I let off the throttle. I disabled the TCS completely and it dosent work ether... It seam like en engine protection of some kind I also upped the MAF Flow vs RPM and vs volt of about 20% and it dident do anything...

I have tried every thing I know I dont know what to do whit this...

any one have an idea?
    Last edited by franckrem; April 7th, 2010 at 07:01 AM.

I had some trans issues with mine until I went Mafless. Seemed to cure all of my shifting woes.

I also had the TB slamming shut under high boost too, so you may want to check that. I switched to a Corvette TB and haven't had it happen again.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12