Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WeatherManShawn's Tutorial: can someone look/help...??

Default WeatherManShawn's Tutorial: can someone look/help...??

Hello,

I followed the new tutorial that Weathermanshawn posted up. The car ran pretty good with enabling the LTFTs etc. I am still lean as the engine warms but I can get that with a bit more work on A0008.

Please take a look at the attached tune and log file. My "A" map seems to have worked but the "B" looks like a miss. Is this related to the displacement issue mentioned before.

I would like to know what I need to adjust to get it in line with the tutorial.

AFR at WOT looks pretty good but, I did not log anything in LTFT, BEN, or Avg. What the he!L? Maybe something still disabled in tune?

I attached my calc.PID file for a check over.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; April 6th, 2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Changed title...
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Tatasta:

Looks like you are not in Closed-Loop. I.E. You still have the car in Open-Loop. So it can't compute LTFTBENS, etc.

Just change B4205 to a normal ECT Temp (currently 140C). Its your choice on B0120. It can work with 400 or 4000 RPM.

Looks like the CALC.VE Table Formula is working. Its just that all your LTFTBENS are 1.000 right now, due to the car still being in Open-Loop..

Give it another shot. Changing B4205 to stock will do the trick..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

I'll get it straight...
    Thanks Shawn
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

When you re-enable closed-loop, looks like you will plenty of LTFTBENS to work with. Looks like you may have modified your MAF Calibration Table B5001 at some time?

When you do the CALC.VE Table you will see your CYlAIR and DYNAIR come a lot closer..See attached chart.

Looks like you still are battling some KR?

Your CALC.VE PID looks fine..

Definitely not picking on you there..Some things I automatically see..
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; April 12th, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

Thanks Shawn. Yes, B5001 has been changed because when I got the car, it had some crap aftermarket MAF on it. I sold it and went to a ported stock MAF. Even though the MAF is ported, should I return all of the values in B5001 to stock? I have spent a great deal of time matching actual data to that table and I think it is very close, not to mention when it was in CLMAF, I adjusted AFR with it some. Any advice on what to do with it?

Your not picking me apart on the KR. I spent last summer chasing that and found that there is a vibration that is causing the KR readings. They are consistent at RPM and conditions. Regardless of how much spark I pulled in that area or how high of octane I ran, the KR was always pretty much identical. There is no audible knock, ever.

Thank you for your help. I will log again tomorrow with the tune corrected and post up.

-Bob

Hi Robert,

We have new equations... see here for the new calc_pids.txt : showpost.php?p=117351&postcount=131

Last edited by joecar; April 2nd, 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Try with the current B5001, see how you go with LTFTBEN correction of it (turn on CL as Shawn said above).

Hello,

I got the tune and pids right, I think, and took a few logs today. I have attached the original tune, the tune after applying the tutorial method and a large log file.

Please feel free to comment or pick me apart. I will say, the car ran very well.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think that was generally good log run and resulting tune.

As expected I figured your MAF would show some LTFTBENS, which looks like they were all applied correctly.

I bet with another 1-2 logs both your DYNAIR and CYLAIR will 'converge'. As your MAF values 'settle' the CALC.VE Table values will also become more accurate.

Yours was a very good test case, as there was some deviation between the MAF Values and the VE Table % equivalent air prior to logging. I must say I am pretty impressed for a first run. I might just let your VE Table values stay as they are for now, but I bet with even one more log your Trims, MAF, and VE values will all converge. I would say you are 75-80% there.

Thanks for sharing your work. Please post up if you decide to 'rinse' it out one or two more times.

Congrats. Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    I think that was generally good log run and resulting tune.

As expected I figured your MAF would show some LTFTBENS, which looks like they were all applied correctly.

I bet with another 1-2 logs both your DYNAIR and CYLAIR will 'converge'. As your MAF values 'settle' the CALC.VE Table values will also become more accurate.

Yours was a very good test case, as there was some deviation between the MAF Values and the VE Table % equivalent air prior to logging. I must say I am pretty impressed for a first run. I might just let your VE Table values stay as they are for now, but I bet with even one more log your Trims, MAF, and VE values will all converge. I would say you are 75-80% there.

Thanks for sharing your work. Please post up if you decide to 'rinse' it out one or two more times.

Congrats. Looks pretty good.
    Thanks!! It was really nice to see so clearly what was happening from the log data and knowing what was to be fixed, both why and how. I am not close to being proficient with EFI Live but this certainly helped me to quit wandering and guessing with some of these basics that are so fricking elusive to us amateurs.

I finally feel confident enough to get my N2O dialed back in after a few more runs N/A and repeating this process.

That was bar none the quickest way I have used to clean things up.

Thank you very much for your help. I will continue to post my results.

Robert

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast