Hi there I just performed a flash on an LS1 no problems then as soon as I went to connect to the scan tool to log the start up I could smell a burning smell and the V2 would not connect. I thought the burning smell was just a coincidence however after attempting to connect to the vehicle 5 times with no success I picked up the V2 (Even though the screen appeared as normal) and the closer I got it to my face the more potent the smell became. I unplugged the USB connection and the screen stayed on as normal connected to the OBD 11 port. I then replugged the USB Connection and unplugged the OBD11 connection and the screen went black and all the lights below the LCD screen on the V2 lit up however the screen will not.

I even took the SD card out and still no go.

I have tried the V2 on 2 other computers and none will make the screen boot up only all the lights below come on as described above.

I have had no problems with it till now, I use the same laptop, same USB cable and same USB port all the time with the V2 and have never had a problem till now.

Any ideas?

I really need to use it as I am finishing off a tune for a mate who is heading away soon.

Cheers
Nigel