Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashscan smells like its burnt

Default Flashscan smells like its burnt

Hi there I just performed a flash on an LS1 no problems then as soon as I went to connect to the scan tool to log the start up I could smell a burning smell and the V2 would not connect. I thought the burning smell was just a coincidence however after attempting to connect to the vehicle 5 times with no success I picked up the V2 (Even though the screen appeared as normal) and the closer I got it to my face the more potent the smell became. I unplugged the USB connection and the screen stayed on as normal connected to the OBD 11 port. I then replugged the USB Connection and unplugged the OBD11 connection and the screen went black and all the lights below the LCD screen on the V2 lit up however the screen will not.

I even took the SD card out and still no go.

I have tried the V2 on 2 other computers and none will make the screen boot up only all the lights below come on as described above.

I have had no problems with it till now, I use the same laptop, same USB cable and same USB port all the time with the V2 and have never had a problem till now.

Any ideas?

I really need to use it as I am finishing off a tune for a mate who is heading away soon.

Cheers
    Nigel

I hooked up the Wideband and it is logging that no problem so appears to be USB related only.

I pm'd Tech Support...

It seems to me that your V2 has died...

Where are you located...?

Wollongong NSW Australia

As I said everything works except the USB

Lifetime Member

I would happily fix it, but I'm a bit far away. I don't know how you get stuff over there fixed. Might have to go back to NZ.

Ira

Any idea what it might be Ira?

I am not afraid to pull it apart and replace caps etc but I don't want to go touching it as it still has the warranty seal etc on there, till I here from Ross, Paul or someone who might know of a possible fault/common problem.

Cheers

Shoot an email to support@efilive.com and I'll give you the directions to send the unit to us.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

In my experience it is usually a blown IC chip that has the worst smell. If it is under warranty still don't risk messing with it, just send it to us.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I am assuming it is a standard 12 month warrant, if so then no it is not under warranty.

If it is a chip, would it still allow everything bar the USB to work, just wondering thats all.

Cheers

always been interested to know what the go with warranty\licenses is in the event your v2 dies?

does efilive reissuie you your purchased licenses/streams when you buy a replacement controller as it would be a big hit in the pocket it you didnt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast