Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flashscan smells like its burnt

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    always been interested to know what the go with warranty\licenses is in the event your v2 dies?

does efilive reissuie you your purchased licenses/streams when you buy a replacement controller as it would be a big hit in the pocket it you didnt.
    In the USA at least, I can copy your information onto a new unit for a price so while you'll have to pay for a new unit, you'll end up with your old unit, same S/N, VINs and streams in a brand new box with a brand new warranty. Your old unit will not be returned.

Ira

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    In the USA at least, I can copy your information onto a new unit for a price so while you'll have to pay for a new unit, you'll end up with your old unit, same S/N, VINs and streams in a brand new box with a brand new warranty. Your old unit will not be returned.

Ira
    That makes sense, but its good to hear it outright. I dont use my V2 very hard like most workshops do, but good to know if it dies for some reason I can buy a new one and keep my licenses (and streams if I buy them).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Ira

So does that mean I would have to fork out another $800us plus the fee to transfer the data, plus postage all for something that is less than 2 years old and has only around 15 vin licenses and is used like once a month?

I am not a workshop therefore do not make money on tuning, so can't justify spending money buying a complete new V2, given everything works except the USB port.

I might be forced to just bin it if that is the case.

Nigel, hang tight, this will be sorted out.

Lifetime Member

No, that's a last resort kind of thing. I've had them come back where it looks like they've been left hanging out the door on occasion. The problem you have I'd likely fix for shipping and a minimal repair charge, but you're not here. You will get taken care of, but it's Easter weekend for the folks you need to talk to.

ls1vt209, I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

No, that's a last resort kind of thing. I've had them come back where it looks like they've been left hanging out the door on occasion. The problem you have I'd likely fix for shipping and a minimal repair charge, but you're not here. You will get taken care of, but it's Easter weekend for the folks you need to talk to.
    I have the utmost confidence that the lads will be able to sort it out.

I understand what you are saying in relation to abused items.

I am just a little frustrated given the nature in which it occured and this is nothing anybody could predict or rectify. As I said before I was finishing off a mates car for him to head away but have now had to lend him mine till this is sorted out.

The strange thing is the way it has happened in it flashed a tune in no probs 10sec's later I attempt to connect to scan and that is when the problem arose, nothing was moved, changed unplugged etc. Just very strange, but not having had any problems prior and obviously no idea how the V2 is constructed it is a mystery to me lol.

I am sure it will be all sorted no problems.

Cheers for all the replies lads, once again it assures me I purchased the right product (Aside from the clear advantages over others) with the good community that EFILive Forum presents.

I will keep you all updated

Ok, after some sensational work by Team EFILive I have my V2 back as good as new.

A special thanks to Ross, Donna, Andrew and all the rest of you at EFILive, and the guys on the forum who emailed me and offered advice/help. Truly is a great bunch of people to deal with with good company morals, and I will say it again possibly the best forum I am a member of.

Cheers
    Nigel

You got it back a while ago didn't you? Thanks for your kind and positive words. We definitely do try and take care of our customers and are glad your device was able to fixed pretty cheaply.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yes Andrew I did get it back a couple of weeks ago, thanks again, and to be honest thought I had already posted a thank you.

It wasn't till I was searching for some other info that I found I hadn't.

Yes you guys and girls at EFILive do your very best to keep us customers happy, I cannot speak highly enough of the service and help I have received from you all.

Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast