Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flashscan smells like its burnt

Ok, bad news this problem appears to have reared it's ugly head again.

Flashed a tune into my car today. Pushed the car outside after flash complete, removed laptop and V2. Went to connect V2 to laptop to change BBL pids, no worky. Tried everything, changed computers still no work.

Again, I can BBL with the V2 but nothing shows when connected solely through USB. I could not smell any burning this time, but the V2 presents as it did last time this happened.

FYI at the time of flashing, the V2 was connected to the car and computer only. The laptop was not connected to anything, no charging devices, no wideband etc (I am so paranoid after thinking it was something like this that caused it last time).

So once again I am left with a mostly useless V2 just when I need it most (Private Drag Day tomorrow and I am half way tuning bigger injectors).

Where do I go from here, do I send it back to you guys in NZ?

Cheers
    Nigel

Hi Nigel,

So, just refreshing my memory on recent history...

We got your original device fixed (replaced the FTDI chip from memory), and you also purchased a new FlashScan V2 Scan Tune product as well, correct?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thats correct Andrew.

The same unit appears to have done the same thing again. The other unit (Newer one) is working fine.

Cheers
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Hi Nigel,

So, just refreshing my memory on recent history...

We got your original device fixed (replaced the FTDI chip from memory), and you also purchased a new FlashScan V2 Scan Tune product as well, correct?
    Last edited by ls1vt209; August 22nd, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Nigel, have the repair details been sorted out...?

Is it the same car that the device failed on last time?

Given that Ross replaced the USB protection chips before it even came to us in NZ to have the actual FTDI chip replaced, it could be that the voltage spike that occurred has effected other components in the FlashScan V2 device which are not able to be determined with available test mechanisms.

You can of course send it back to us, and we can get the manufacturer to assess the device again for faults? This will just incur shipping costs to NZ for you. Do you still have our address details from previous repair?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have the address off your official website, is that correct.

No different vehicle this time.

Once you send through the address etc or you can call me and pass on the address, phone +610425205039.

Thanks
    Nigel.

Is it the same car that the device failed on last time?

Given that Ross replaced the USB protection chips before it even came to us in NZ to have the actual FTDI chip replaced, it could be that the voltage spike that occurred has effected other components in the FlashScan V2 device which are not able to be determined with available test mechanisms.

You can of course send it back to us, and we can get the manufacturer to assess the device again for faults? This will just incur shipping costs to NZ for you. Do you still have our address details from previous repair?

Address on the website is correct.

On the customs declaration please put: Description of goods: Automotive Scan Tool.
    Value: US $50 (if you put a value more than $50 and it can get caught up in New Zealand customs for weeks while they sort out taxes/duties).
    Reason for shipment: Warranty return.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks, just so you know, both times this has happened has been immediately after successful flashes.

Address on the website is correct.

On the customs declaration please put: Description of goods: Automotive Scan Tool.
    Value: US $50 (if you put a value more than $50 and it can get caught up in New Zealand customs for weeks while they sort out taxes/duties).
    Reason for shipment: Warranty return.

Once again another huge thanks to the EFILive guys and girls for helping me out with this problem.

Cheers
    Nigel

Outside of warranty you have the choice of having the unit repaired, which will include a cost for parts, labour and shipping. Or, if the price of the repair is significant, and you would rather opt to get a new interface, we have an option to clone your failed unit, taking the VIN licenses and Streams onto a new FlashScan V2 device for US$499.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast