Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding power

Default Adding power

So i want to add a little power to a tune i already have...
    Whats the best and safest way to do it??
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Ultimately a good dyno session might reveal a few details.

There is usually a performance gain of ~ 2-4 % increase in HP/TQ by just finding the ideal AFR at WOT..I.E. 12.2-12.7.

Eliminating knock retard, finding the right WOT spark also helps. There are numerous fueling and spark parameters available through EFILive to maximize your tune.

That 2-4% increase worked out to be about +15 HP/TQ throughout the entire power curve on my vehicle. It responded the most to leaning out the AFR at WOT (12.7 AFR).

Hope that gets you going..
    Ummm its a diesel
    thanks for the thought tho
    Stock 2006 LBZ

I don't get it??

What does that matter?
    Ultimately a good dyno session might reveal a few details. I agree but am not at the poimt i need to dyno IMO

There is usually a performance gain of ~ 2-4 % increase in HP/TQ by just finding the ideal AFR at WOT..I.E. 12.2-12.7. Dont think you can do this with a diesel..i could be wrong tho

Eliminating knock retard, finding the right WOT spark also helps. There are numerous fueling and spark parameters available through EFILive to maximize your tune.Compression ignition no spark involved

That 2-4% increase worked out to be about +15 HP/TQ throughout the entire power curve on my vehicle. It responded the most to leaning out the AFR at WOT (12.7 AFR).

Hope that gets you going..
    Not tring to be a smart ass, those are great sugestions for a gasser
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Lifetime Member

AFR is a factor in HP tuning but it's no where near 12.7 for us.

where were those posts from?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

It was my mistake on the post. I missed the forum identifier, so when I saw the OP had no responses to his thread, my intention was just to get some basic information out and help his post.

I apologize for any confusion. I deleted my portion of the thread as it simply did not apply to the forum topic. It was not accurate or applicable.

Rather than start a battle, I will just simply say..I apologize. I made a mistake, and posted in the wrong forum. It was better to delete than post up wrong information.
    I'll stick to GEN III from now on.. Thanks for understanding (I hope)..
    Hey, no problem man. I think ive got it figured out anyways. Just a few thing in my tune left to figure out.
    Thanks for trying to help
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxxflip View Post
    Hey, no problem man. I think ive got it figured out anyways. Just a few thing in my tune left to figure out.
    Thanks for trying to help
    do you have any specific questions? sometime hard to explain the entire process of adding power...

a really handy tool is to download some tunes out of the tune library @ dieselplace.com and use the compare tune function in the tune tool to see what other people have done.

Be careful though only download tunes that have recieved good reviews. Sometimes newbs make a dirty or dangerous tune and post it up without knowing what they r doing.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    do you have any specific questions? sometime hard to explain the entire process of adding power...

a really handy tool is to download some tunes out of the tune library @ dieselplace.com and use the compare tune function in the tune tool to see what other people have done.

Be careful though only download tunes that have recieved good reviews. Sometimes newbs make a dirty or dangerous tune and post it up without knowing what they r doing.
    Whats the main tables i should be looking at for adding some power?

Im guessing PW and timing are my main concern for now, but im not to sure...
    If i bump PW width up and use josh's timing calculator for timing adjustments
    is there anything else that needs to be adjusted with those tables ?

I know about the limiting tables but those dont seem to be affecting me at this point...

Im not confident enough to be able to look at those tunes and know if there safe to use or compare to
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Lifetime Member

PW, timing, pressure, boost.

increase PW gradually
    increase pressure
    timing; Josh H's timing V3 calculator is awesome because you can enter cell by cell the % of timing you want.
    increase boost a couple of pounds. dont boost above 30-32 PSIG @ sea level.

bb, as you increase those gradually, what do you look at to know when to stop increasing?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    PW, timing, pressure, boost.

increase PW gradually
    increase pressure
    timing; Josh H's timing V3 calculator is awesome because you can enter cell by cell the % of timing you want.
    increase boost a couple of pounds. dont boost above 30-32 PSIG @ sea level.
    Where can I get Josh H's timing V3 calculator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast