Thread: Re-install of ecm/tcm-DSP5

Default Re-install of ecm/tcm-DSP5

Shipping out my ecm/tcm to Nick @ DURAMAXTUNER tomorrow. Hopefully will have it back by the end of the week.
    When I go to run the wires for the DSP-5 through the fire wall and into the harness , does anybody have any tips/tricks to ease the installation ?
    I read something about making sure the pins are seated all the way , crimps or solders at the correct sizing...?
    Where is the optimal placing of the DSP-5 in the cab ?
    Saw something about a loose knob on the switch and a hex nut to tighten up...?
    After the install is complete , what things should I check for prior to starting her up and going for a drive ?
    Should I go through a tranny learning, beginning on level 1 and work my way up to 5 ?
    How much driving should I do on each level before I go to the next ?
    I saw someone posted putting their tow/haul on for the race setting to set the taps. Will this confuse my tranny when i put her in a tow tune and set the tow/haul when I am actually towing ?
    Sorry about the long winded post. Just really need to make sure I nail this with out any f-ups ! Wife is already pissy about me spending the money on this. "...the Banks is just fine...why do you need more......"!?! So if I jack something up and have to buy a new ecm...I will never hear the end of it !
    Last edited by BJJ-DURAMAX; April 11th, 2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: *
    '06 LBZ-CC-LB-DUALLY
    ATS STAGE II-CO-PILOT..HUGE THANKS TO JASON @ ATS
    EGR & REZO BLOCKED
    FASS 150
    4" T-BACK-NO KITTY-NO MUFF
    EFILIVE PRE-TUNED ECM/TCM-DSP-5 by NICK @ DURAMAXTUNER
    HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT REFUSES TO WORK HARD
    **COLORADO BJJ**

the dsp5 comes with installation instructions that tell you which pinholes in what ecm plug to put the new pins through. if they dont go through then poke a wire through first. when putting the nut and knob on the switch make sure you put the spacer on the right notch so you have 5 positions. as far as the tcm learning goes, just drive it. it learns fast and easy. dont stand on it right away though. your tcm wont get confused it will adapt to every shift made at any power level but you will need to run it in tow haul for it to adapt like you would in normal driving mode.

...so run it in tow haul in all levels for the learning curve. Then once that is done no need to run tow haul unless I am doing so..?
    Thanks for the info
    '06 LBZ-CC-LB-DUALLY
    ATS STAGE II-CO-PILOT..HUGE THANKS TO JASON @ ATS
    EGR & REZO BLOCKED
    FASS 150
    4" T-BACK-NO KITTY-NO MUFF
    EFILIVE PRE-TUNED ECM/TCM-DSP-5 by NICK @ DURAMAXTUNER
    HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT REFUSES TO WORK HARD
    **COLORADO BJJ**

in each switch position run through the gears at 1/3 2/3 and full throttle. then repeat with tow/hual on in each switch position. but if its not shifting rough then you dont need to do this. the only time i had to do this is after i rebuilt my trans.

Default instruction

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-DURAMAX View Post
    Shipping out my ecm/tcm to Nick @ DURAMAXTUNER tomorrow. Hopefully will have it back by the end of the week.
    When I go to run the wires for the DSP-5 through the fire wall and into the harness , does anybody have any tips/tricks to ease the installation ?
    I read something about making sure the pins are seated all the way , crimps or solders at the correct sizing...?
    Where is the optimal placing of the DSP-5 in the cab ?
    Saw something about a loose knob on the switch and a hex nut to tighten up...?
    After the install is complete , what things should I check for prior to starting her up and going for a drive ?
    Should I go through a tranny learning, beginning on level 1 and work my way up to 5 ?
    How much driving should I do on each level before I go to the next ?
    I saw someone posted putting their tow/haul on for the race setting to set the taps. Will this confuse my tranny when i put her in a tow tune and set the tow/haul when I am actually towing ?
    Sorry about the long winded post. Just really need to make sure I nail this with out any f-ups ! Wife is already pissy about me spending the money on this. "...the Banks is just fine...why do you need more......"!?! So if I jack something up and have to buy a new ecm...I will never hear the end of it !

Just take your time and re-read the setup if it seems confusing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Making tires smoke since 1994
    Grand Junction CO